Question

Honor Student
Grace-UCONS
Message 1 of 4 (1,054 Views)

Integrated camera not working

The integrated camera on my HP Pavilian dv7 Notebook is not working. When I open CyberLink YouCam I get the error message that a web camera is not found. It is also not listed under device hardware. How to I get it working?

Student
tennis4life
Message 2 of 4 (1,041 Views)

Re: Integrated camera not working

Hi I am having the exact same problem and I only just bought the my pavilion dv6 a couple months ago. I am really disappointed to be honest. My webcam has stopped working and does not show on the device manager list. Also my microphone has decided to act up as well. 

Can anyone please help me.. :smileyhappy:

Student
northjen
Message 3 of 4 (1,024 Views)

Both integrated camera and microphone not working. This is a HP Pavilion dv6.

Honor Student
Grace-UCONS
Message 4 of 4 (999 Views)

After speaking with HP tech support I was informated the problem was a hardware malfunction. It is covered under warranty but I have to send my notebook to them for repair and it will take 7-9 business days (5-7 business days if I pay $15 expedited shipping). I use this for work every day and cannot be without it for even the minimum 5 days. Guess I'll just live with it but it's pretty disappointing to know others are having this exact same issue.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation