Intel widi not compatible (144 Views)
Honor Student
brezen
Message 1 of 5 (144 Views)

Intel widi not compatible

Hi,

I recently formatted my laptop and installed windows 8, 

Then i've tried to download and instal intel widi from hp drivers' page, but it results that this software is not compatible.

So i'd like to know if it is true or i missed to install something or i did something wrong.

My laptop is a Pavilion dv6-7090 with: intel i7 3610-qm and broadcom wireless lan adapter.

Thank you anyway for yours answers!

Associate Dean
Dragon-Fur
Message 2 of 5 (138 Views)

Re: Intel widi not compatible

You might be trying to run a Windows 7 package in a Windows 8 system.

If that is the case, then you might have luck running the software in compatibility mode:

Running Drivers and Software in Compatibility Mode by AttackOfZaq

For the dv6-7090xx systems - you didn't say which "xx" system you have, there are three models - some drivers may not come in the Windows 8 flavor.  That is, IF you have upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 8, then you may be expecting to find all the same drivers in the Windows 8 list as were previously available for Windows 7.   Such may not be the case.

Kind Regards,
Dragon-Fur
Honor Student
brezen
Message 3 of 5 (129 Views)

Well, it is dv6-7090el.

Anyway what i did when i tried to install it was: go and look in hp support and drivers's page for pavilion dv6-7090 drivers, choose windows 8 system and then look for intel wireless display (i've tried version 4.0 and 3.5).

I've also tried to run it in compatible mode for windows 7 systems, but nothing. It still doesn't work.

Could it be that maybe i missed to download some importants drivers?

Or maybe that my laptop has a broadcomm network adapter and that is not compatible?

Or i don't know! 

Associate Dean
Dragon-Fur
Message 4 of 5 (112 Views)

Brezen,

I believe this may contain the answer you seek:

Has anyone got WiDi working with an i7 3610 QM?

It seems there are issues -- the information is worth reading to understand why you may be seeing the "incompatible" messsage.  The Widi software is apparently not "incompatible" as much as it is "incomplete"; hence the message you get when you try and install the single package.  Note the information about the "Intel My WiFi Technology Dashboard".

There may be more information on this out there -- this seems a good place to start to track down a possible solution for your Windows 8 setup.

Kind Regards,
Dragon-Fur
Honor Student
brezen
Message 5 of 5 (107 Views)

Maybe i've found the problem.

As far as i've understood to use Widi software you need to have both intel processor and adapter, so, since my laptop has broadcom adapter, it is not compatible. Am i right?

If it is so, do you know if there is any other software like widi i can use to connect my laptot to Tv?

Anyway thank you for answering me.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation