Is this the right way to connect my HP G62 notebook with my external monitor? (1415 Views)
Honor Student
planet_earth24
Message 1 of 2 (1,415 Views)

Is this the right way to connect my HP G62 notebook with my external monitor?

[ Edited ]

When I first connected the monitor with my laptop using an HDMI cable, there were black bars around screen. I took this image with my camera.

The settings I had was:

The native resolution for my monitor is 1920 x 1080 so I'm not sure why there were black bars around my screen.

I eliminated the black bars by tinkering with my ATI CC.

Apparently this solved the problem. But, I'm wondering why does my computer treat my external monitor as a TV? I've also realized another problem. The solution disappears everytime I restart the computer or wake it up from sleep. I have to rescale it everytime.

Distinguished Professor
Cyclops
Message 2 of 2 (1,348 Views)

Re: Is this the right way to connect my HP G62 notebook with my external monitor?

This issue is not with the notebook, but graphics card in general...On the Sony Bravia, that I have, ATI under Scales, Nvidia Works great & Intel Over Scans...

To understand show issue related to this...here is a good article to read about... http://www.anandtech.com/show/1449/1

Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with 'Accept as Solution', if it solves your problem.
Click on the BLUE KUDOS button on the left to say "Thanks"
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation