LAPTOP POWER GOES ON BUT NOT SCREEN/NO DISPLAY (1685 Views)
Student
CaliNikki
Message 1 of 2 (1,685 Views)

LAPTOP POWER GOES ON BUT NOT SCREEN/NO DISPLAY

[ Edited ]

Hello, ive been having my laptop for about 2 years & a few days ago, I was using my laptop at night & it was  perfectly normal, then the next morning I tried turning it on but no display whatsoever, just plain black. The power/battery is working perfectlly though. I tried a few things, I disconnected charger & took out battery & held the power button for 2 minutes about 3 times and nothing happened & I also switched the memory cards & nothing happened!! I would take my laptop to get fixed but I recently started college so I want to know what else can be wrong with it or how I can fix it :smileyindifferent:

by the way I have an hp Pavillion g4

Provost
banhien
Message 2 of 2 (1,671 Views)

Re: LAPTOP POWER GOES ON BUT NOT SCREEN/NO DISPLAY

Hi,

Please try this test: connect your machine to an external monitor (or a TV). If also no display that means something wrong with the graphics card otherwise something wrong with the laptop screen.  We can work from there.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation