Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

Have anybody experience of "LCD  liquid leakage" from the bottom of the monitor ribbon!!!  I bought a HP Spectre 13 Ultrabook and on the 1st week use some liquid comming out of the screen.!!! :indifferent:

the problem is that according to HP Support they did not accept that it is a factory defect and they didn't cover it under thier warranty service!!!!!!

19 REPLIES 19
HP Recommended

I just sent you a private message. If you are not sure how to check your forum messages this post, has instructions.

TwoPointOh
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

HP Recommended

I have the same 😞 Support doesn't know about any other leakage (strange). Laptop went for check to poland and they say the fluid comes from somewhere else ;(

HP Recommended

@pcdewolff 

I just sent you a private message. If you are not sure how to check your forum messages this post, has instructions.

TwoPointOh
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

HP Recommended

Hi,

I have a customer with the same problem.

Would you mind throwing me one of those helpful PM of yours ? 🙂

-

Ormar Dalsgaard

KT Húsið

HP Recommended

I have the same issue, what was the fix?

HP Recommended

@redGSRguy 

@Ormar 

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post serial numbers and case details.

If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, this post has instructions.

Sparkles1

HP Recommended
I'm posting this so that if other HP customers have the same experience HP will realize that there is an issue they need to address overall. Woke up and my laptop wouldn't turn on. HP 15 G071NR notebook. I picked up laptop to make sure that charger plugged in all the way and clear liquid was all over my glass table UNDER lap top. No liquid on top and no one here but me so ABSOLUTELY POSITIVE NO SPILL. I don't know exactly what leaked out of what part of the laptop but I expect to be compensated. Real coincidence that I'm not the only one this happened to. And the Support Team is acting very dismissive to what I've explained happened already. I'm truly upset and want to be compensated. I don't trust their technical department to be honest or attempt to even be accountable for damage once they have my laptop in their possession.
HP Recommended

HI @Marcie2,

Thank you for your comments. 

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post serial numbers and case details.

If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, this post has instructions.

Sparkles1

HP Recommended

I have two HP Spectre 13t-3000. Both are leaking  a gummy fluid from the bottom of the screen.  The residue deposits on the back of the chrome deck immediately under the screen. This has been ongoing for months and appears to be increasing. The units were ordered directly from the HP Store with on site extended warranty service. From my investigation my situation appears to be more than just an isolated event. I would appreciate a private email for advice on repair or replacement. Thank you.

John A. White, M.D.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.