Laptop screen dimming (2716 Views)
Student
adevree
Message 1 of 4 (2,716 Views)

Laptop screen dimming

The last two days my screen on my laptop will randomly start dimming when I am working on it. It dims so low that i cannot even see it and have th shut it down. It is becoming so frequent that it is happening every 30 seconds or so. I cannot do much on it anymore and it is my primary school computer. I have figured out if i switch programs the screen will light up again. I haverealized that if I switch programs, the screen will light up again but I cannot keep doing that every 30 seconds. What causes that and is there any way it can be fixed?

Distinguished Professor
ManjunathTech
Message 2 of 4 (2,715 Views)

Re: Laptop screen dimming

Hi

You have a couple of options as I see it please try these steps might help you to fix the issue.

1) Use the Fn & F7 then use the Fn & F8 and check if the brightness increases.

Try the weblink given below for more troubleshooting.

Notebook Displays

Let us know how it goes!

*Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.

****Click the White Kudos star to say thanks****

****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****

Regards

Manjunath

Let us know how it goes!

"I work for HP."
****Click the White Kudos star to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****

Regards
Manjunath
Student
ENHayden
Message 3 of 4 (2,624 Views)

I have an EliteBook 6930p and for the past week or so the screen has been dimming to the point that I can see an image but just barely.  I cannot do any work because it is so dim.

sometimes if I move the screen to a closed position (almost closed) and back open again the dimming is gone but then comes back in the next moment.

The dimming has gotten pretty bad but is not repeatable.

Help!

PS:  Yes, when the device is working OK, the dim keys F9, F10 work just fine but they don't work when the display is very dim.

Honor Student
baileyj04
Message 4 of 4 (2,411 Views)

Did you ever get a solution?  I just began having the same problem today with my screen dimming.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation