Laptop screen is dim (2872 Views)
Intern
JimBir
Message 1 of 2 (2,872 Views)

Laptop screen is dim

The screen on my model DV6701US laptop has become very dim. The only way to read anything on it is by holding a flouresent desk very close to it. even then it's almost impossible to see. I've tried all the brightness settings that I can find in windows and on the video card control panel but nothing helps. I disconnected the cable to the monitor and cleaned the contacts with contact cleaner with no results. I made the following discovery. While the laptop was running, I disconnected the cable to the monitor and reconnected it. The display returned at normal brightness! I shut the laptop down and restarted it. The display was again dim. I did the disconnect, reconnect thing with the cable, again, and the display came back at normal brightness. It's like there's some kind of reset going on with the monitor. Can anyone help me with this? Thanks, Jim
Student
clairdo2
Message 2 of 2 (1,427 Views)

Re: Laptop screen is dim

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation