Question

Tutor
Jpfs
Message 1 of 15 (363 Views)

Low Fps on game Pavilion g6 Laptop

Hi, i got a Pavilion g6 model: 2314sp, running windows 7 ultimate SP1 x64, all things are installed, but when i start to playing on laptop fps just do not up more then 15-20fps, :smileysad: anyone can help me please thanks.

Intern
bad_driver14
Message 2 of 15 (359 Views)

Re: Low Fps on game Pavilion g6 Laptop

Ya, your system may not have the required specifications to run the game fast. Could you provide the specifications like how old your computer is and how much Memory (RAM) it has. Also, if your hard drive is almost entirely filled, try to free up as much gigabytes as you can.

What else can you do? You can close ALL other programs you wont be using while playing the game to free RAM that the game can use instead to make it much faster. Most computers should have at the least 4 gigabytes of RAM. If any less, you should definitly look to installing more RAM to your system. The more RAM you have, the more programs your computer can handle and run at top preformance at the same time.

Now I will hopefully be releasing a program that can close all other programs that take up alot of RAM and hopefully free up RAM while your playing to increase preformance. But for now, if you want to free up lots of RAM while playing a game, you should download "Free RAM XP Pro". You should search it on Google and download it and go to YouTube to learn how to use it.

You seem to have a nice system with the specifacations you've provided, so as said, try to free LOTS of space on your Hard Drive, download Free RAM XP Pro, close all other programs while playing the game, and if your desperite enough, look into installing more RAM. Also just for some information you might want, RAM must be installed manually by opening your computer, and a one 8 gigabyte chip is (at the cheapest) 80 dollars.

I'm pretty much an expert when it comes to getting the best performance when playing a game so this is all the best advice you could get on such a topic :smileyhappy:

Lastly, the most simple solution... have your computer on charge AND in the battery plans, pick the "Best Performance".

Now if NOTHING is working, tell me what game it is. If it's Call of Duty: Ghosts, you should look to getting more RAM because for it to run real good, you'll need 8 gigabytes of RAM. It's possibly the most detailed game and takes 50 gigabytes of your Hard Drive storage.

I'm a programmer and a computer expert in training.

Please feel free to click the "Kudos!" on the left if I helped. Note* I do not work for HP

Tutor
Jpfs
Message 3 of 15 (355 Views)

Hi, i got 8gigs RAM ddr3 1600mhz hyperX kingston and crosair SSD, this is more Then enoff to runs fast games, the problem seems drivers issues, something its blocking it, because running in win 8 i got bit better fps but not the normal too, the game its Aion free to Play :smileyhappy: This laptop are more Then capable to running smouth grafics, but This drivers....for sure are the problem, im running atm Windows 7 no laptop my friend any sugestions ? Thanks
Tutor
Jpfs
Message 4 of 15 (354 Views)

I forgote to say my friend everything You sayed about power plan are set to maximum performance,
Tutor
Jpfs
Message 5 of 15 (352 Views)

You know any others drivers to test. it.?
Intern
bad_driver14
Message 6 of 15 (347 Views)

Okay, so what does your computer use for the video? Nvidia? AMD?

If you can find out which one it is, you should go onto their homesite and look for updates on the video driver. If that does not fix it, then you should free up space on your Hard Drive. If that does not work, then you'll need to give me at the least of 7 hours to come up with a solution.

I also have some more quesitons. How old is the computer? Did someone have it before you? And did you (or did you have someone else) install the upgrades of 8 gigabyte RAM and everything else?

I'll do everything in my knowledge to help you as long as you keep answering the questions to give me a better sense of what may be going on :smileyhappy:

Please feel free to click the "Kudos!" on the left if I helped. Note* I do not work for HP

Tutor
Jpfs
Message 7 of 15 (344 Views)

This model use AMD gpu, I install everything myself on laptop, and I buy it new from the store, the problem it's not about memory or storage space, you can trust me about that everything it's ok , AMD HD 7670M. you got the link of homesite to I check for new drivers my friend ? I'm new here so it's hard for me find fast something sorry.
Intern
bad_driver14
Message 8 of 15 (341 Views)

It's perfectly fine if your new. Anyway, here's the link to their drivers -
http://support.amd.com/en-us/download

All you need to do is click the Download Now on the right side. It will automatically detect your type you have and give you the right driver. You'll want to download it and hope it works.

Tutor
Jpfs
Message 9 of 15 (327 Views)

hi again, i make what you say and automatic downloading the driver, but after the instalacion still not working :/

Tutor
Jpfs
Message 10 of 15 (326 Views)

I Still got in Device Manager in "Displays adapter" two yellow exclamacion dots in Amd radeon hd 7600M series and standard vga graphics adapter, maybe something with do with intel hd 4000?  

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation