Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Spectre x360 Convertible 13
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

I just received my HP Spectre x360 Convertible 13 and can not get it to connect to my Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter. Both are brand new. The Spectre sees the adapter, but it errors when it tries to connect.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Can you tell me the type of adapter that DID work properly? (In other words, is it specific to the one display adapter and another of the same type, at work, worked fine - or was the other a different type?)

------------
Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.

Please click the little thumbs-up dealybopper to the lower right if my reply was helpful to you. Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem. This will help others, too!

View solution in original post

18 REPLIES 18
HP Recommended

@curtgruber ,

Hello and thank you for posting on the HP support forums.  Here is a link you may find useful.

Troubleshooting: Display Adapters

Please let me know how this goes for you.

Thank you again for posting and have a great day.

Please click the "Thumbs Up" on the bottom right of this post to say thank you if you appreciate the support I provide!

Also be sure to mark my post as “Accept as Solution" if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others who face the same challenge find the same solution.

D5GR
I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

Seems to be specific to this particular display adapter. I tried connecting to one at work and it worked fine. Not sure what is going on with the one at home. Will investigate further. Thanks.

HP Recommended

Do you have a part number for the Microsoft Display Adapter? Is this the one that did not work? http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/en-us/p/wireless-display-adapter

------------

Please click the little thumbs-up dealybopper to the lower right if my reply was helpful to you. Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem. This will help others, too!
HP Recommended

Yes. That's the one.

HP Recommended

Thanks. Will pass that along and keep you posted.

------------

HP Recommended

Can you tell me the type of adapter that DID work properly? (In other words, is it specific to the one display adapter and another of the same type, at work, worked fine - or was the other a different type?)

------------

HP Recommended

Both are the exact same model. I tried connecting at work yesterday to the one that had worked before and couldn't get it to work. I had to delete it and then readd it to get it to connect.

HP Recommended

Thank you. I've passed that along to the engineers; will keep you posted. They may have more questions before we figure out what might be the issue. Were you ever able to do the same (delete, re-add) and get the one at home to work?

------------

HP Recommended

The home device is still not working. It will show in my list of available adapters but won't connect. When I delete it and then readd it, it will sit and the progress bar will move slowly. The TV will show that it is connecting to my pc, then the TV will go back to the ready to accept state and my pc will continue to show progress. Eventually my pc will show an error that it couldn't connect.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.