Question

Top Student
Jocc080
Message 1 of 19 (254 Views)

Missing Dual Graphics option.

Hy!

I have a HP Pavilion 15-n051sh (F2T49EA). I want play some games which don't support perfectly the dual graphics. (micro stuttering etc.)
 I went into CCC and select "Gaming-3D App setting". I added a "game.exe", and appeared many options. I scrolled down that disable the Dual Graphics. Missing option. I looked around and i just realized this option overall missing.
I have two powerfull video card, and i can't configure them. The CCC is 14.4, BIOS updated.

How can I switch the Dual Graphics? What is the problem?

(HP G6-2013SH can switch on-off and set apps perfectly. 1 year older laptop than mine. Interesting)

HP Support Agent
Great-Deku-Tree
Message 2 of 19 (194 Views)

Re: Missing Dual Graphics option.

Hello Jocc080,

Welcome to the HP Forums!

I understand you are unable to create a rule in the Catalyst Control Center (CCC) to disable the dual graphics for certain games. 

In my experiences, the switchable graphics option for specific applications is enabled/disabled in the Power option of CCC, under Switchable Graphics Application Settings.

Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the CCC / graphics drivers? You may wish to try a more recent Beta version of the CCC and driver software, which can be found on the AMD website (New versions only available for Windows 8.1).

As a temporary work around you should be able to disable the card of your choosing in Device Manager before launching your game.

Hope this helps! :smileyhappy:

The Great Deku Tree
I work on behalf of HP.

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" at the bottom of this post to say “Thanks” for helping!
Top Student
Jocc080
Message 3 of 19 (166 Views)

I created two printscreen. 
Here is what I need: 

need.jpg

and here is what I get: 

get.jpg

I printed these directly with WorldofTanks.exe
Clearly visible the missing options.
Any idea? :smileyvery-happy: 

HP Support Agent
Great-Deku-Tree
Message 4 of 19 (163 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hey Jacc080,

Lets try the HP provided software for the GPU's instead of the ones from AMD. The cards are linked through HP BIOS and may require HP branded drivers for full functionality.

You can find them here: HP Pavilion 15-n051sh Notebook PC Drivers. To see which version of Windows you are using click here: Which Windows operating system am I running?

I look forward to your reply!

Let me know if this works. :smileyhappy:

The Great Deku Tree
I work on behalf of HP.

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" at the bottom of this post to say “Thanks” for helping!
Teacher
Bharat1994
Message 5 of 19 (153 Views)

i too am stuck with same problem

i fear that if i disable integraded graphics which my laptop uses for all aplication as i too cant connfigure dual graphic option

i might loose my display 

i had tried the latest one for 8.1

driver i found on hp

some edited software by a guy claming that he fixed the dual graphics option

also my BIOS have only 3 option to change time,date,boot prefrence

i have g6 series with amd apu

HP Support Agent
Great-Deku-Tree
Message 6 of 19 (149 Views)

Hey Bharat,

It is important to know if you have Dual graphics, or switchable graphics as they are quite different. Notebooks with Intel/AMD switchable graphics do not use the Dual graphics feature.

Please specify your model so I can better answer your question. For information on finding your product and model numbers click here: How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number?

I look forward to your reply!

The Great Deku Tree
I work on behalf of HP.

Teacher
Bharat1994
Message 7 of 19 (132 Views)

HP Support Agent
Great-Deku-Tree
Message 8 of 19 (126 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hey Bharat1994,

Thanks for the info. So you do have Dual graphics and not switchable with is a good start. Have you installed drivers from AMD directly or are you using the drivers provided by HP? 

Here is the dual graphics installer for your notebook that installs them as a pair, and will hopefully bring the option back: AMD High-Definition (HD) Graphics Driver

Let me know if this works! :smileyhappy:

The Great Deku Tree
I work on behalf of HP.

Teacher
Bharat1994
Message 9 of 19 (121 Views)

Thanks for your time
I have 8.1 installed and have installed the latest f.29 bios from hp
I had tried latest amd ccc from amd.com
I had even tried the driver for my model on hp.com
But cant find the option
I changed setting for a game in ccc to check whether or not it uses the dedicated graphics as the game require s 1gb graphics and let the GPU-z app run in background to test
After playing for some 5 min i checked GPU-z abd found out that the integrated graphics were being used
Also there was no rpm counting for discrete gpu but temperature was around 71 degree Celsius
Teacher
Bharat1994
Message 10 of 19 (116 Views)

[ Edited ]

here's the screenshot

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation