Question

Honor Student
dedicated2u
Message 1 of 2 (316 Views)

Monitor won't come on

I'm using a HP Pavilion dv7-1132nr that operates using Windows Vista 64-bit.  One day I turned it on and the monitor didn't come on.  The system starts but nothing happens.  However, I noticed that the light beside "caps lock" and between "end" and "pg up" blink.  Please help.

Thanks

Student
lrachlis
Message 2 of 2 (287 Views)

Re: Monitor won't come on

I am having the exact same problem with the exact same computer - it has worked well for a number of years at first it happened intermittently  - but now it won't come on at all.

it has been suggested to me that it might be the video card - that it is very close to the power supply, and might have gotten overheated.  So, the suggestion is that replacing the video card, might fix the problem.

but/and I have read that in most laptops the video card in part of the motherboard - and is probably not able to be replaced - but, not all of them

So my follow up question is, is this the case with this model? HP Pavilion dv7 1132nr (&/or 1135nr)

if not - where can I get the replacement video card?

anyone?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation