Question

Student
Jack00
Message 1 of 2 (1,163 Views)

Mouse won't appear or move?

Hi, I'm using HP Pavilion g6, 3 days ago my mouse/touchpad stopped moving. I googled suggestions on how to fix, I tried the Fn+F key method, didn't work, I then tried taking the battery out and holding the power button down for 10 seconds then turn it back on again. Once I turned the laptop on again the cursor totally disappeared from the screen. I then read you had to tap the dimple in the touchpad twice. I have tried that every so often since it stopped working but it has never worked and I have tried to hold Fn+F keys with every single F key, from F1-12 and it still isn't working and I then tried the device manager method but for some reason I couldn't find the 'Mice and other pointing devices' section until I plugged my USB mouse in and finally I found the Synaptics Touchpad Driver but it had an exlamation mark over the little icon and I downloaded/installed all the updates but it still isn't working. I hope one of you know a solution to this, cheers.

Jack.

Distinguished Professor
RedRose0528
Message 2 of 2 (1,141 Views)

Re: Mouse won't appear or move?

Hello Jack00,

You state your mouse doesn’t move and won’t appear, is that correct? I will try to help you with this issue.

Can you please provide the full model of the computer you have, If you are unsure where to locate that information have a look at this link for help if needed.

Please respond back at your earliest convenience.

Thanks

Clicking the White Kudos star on the left is a way to say Thanks!

Clicking the 'Accept as Solution' button is a way to let others know which steps helped solve the problem!
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation