Question

Honor Student
TiffanyLane
Message 1 of 36 (48,357 Views)

My HP TrueVision HD webcam is not working

I have an HP Pavilion dv7-6b55dx, and when I pull up YouCam it says "No webcam detected. Try plugging in a webcam into your computer now. If you are using an integrated camera, make sure that it is turned on." I have tried going to the menu to deactivate then reactivate it, but it's not there.

Teacher
Optimus_Prime99
Message 2 of 36 (48,354 Views)

Re: My HP TrueVision HD webcam is not working

You would first like to check if the webcam is detected in the Device Manager or not, under “Imaging Devices”. If not, this could be a hardware issue, however you can try installing the Webcam, Chipset drivers or do a System Restore to any of the previous working dates, or can contact HP for a mail in service.
Honor Student
TiffanyLane
Message 3 of 36 (48,352 Views)

It wasn't detected in the Device Manager. Where can I go to install it?
Teacher
Optimus_Prime99
Message 4 of 36 (48,349 Views)

Sorry Tiffany, was unable to find the correct webcam drivers for your notebook, would recommend a System Restore or arrange to have the notebook for a mail in service(recommended by HP incase the webcam is not detected in Device Manager).

You can find the steps for a restore from the below link:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c01835735&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&product=5173119&tmp...
Dean
Dragon-Fur
Message 5 of 36 (48,347 Views)

[ Edited ]

Tiffany,

Here is your YouCam Driver from your Website.

YouCam sp56980 v3.5.3.5120(DE)

For future reference, here's your notebook's website with all your HP software...

Software & Driver Downloads - HP Pavilion dv7-6b55dx Entertainment Notebook PC

Try installing the driver, Restart / Reboot the system and see if that fixes it.

Optimus could be right about the hardware... at some point, if the driver doesn't "take", that is, if the Device Manager never sees the webcam even after the driver is installed, then it is possible that the little wires are broken or damaged in some way.  Silly webcam wires are notoriously prone to breakage.  Do not give up yet!

Good Luck!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

<<<   Click the White Kudos Star on the Left to give “Kudos / Thanks” for the help.

Please Click “Accept as Solution if I provided the fix for your problem.  Thanks!

Always Include:  (Computer) Product Number  ,  Printer – Model Number ,

Never give out your Serial Number

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2012 Year of the Dragon!

Kind Regards,
Dragon-Fur
Student
1shahid1
Message 6 of 36 (47,204 Views)

i bought HP dv7 last year since then its webcam picture quality is very poor ,there are small pixel boxes all over the screen ,i can not remove them secondly this laptop picture quality is not good at all.what do i need to do where to complaint.

i bought this laptop from Manchester,s PC WORLD but now i am not in manchester.

Honor Student
Eng-Sasso
Message 7 of 36 (42,356 Views)

I have a problem with my integrated webcam

when i use CyberLink YouCam program there is a message popup up: "No webcame detecated. if you use integrated camera, make sure that it is turned on".

My laptop model: HP Pavilion dv6-6070ee 

How can i turn my cam on???!!!

Student
Viddie
Message 8 of 36 (41,388 Views)

I have a problem with my integrated webcam

when i use CyberLink YouCam program there is a message popup up: "No webcame detecated. if you use integrated camera, make sure that it is turned on".

My laptop model: HP Envy 6-1010sa

How can i turn my cam on???!!!

Student
chrisandsherryh
Message 9 of 36 (40,796 Views)

Anyone who lost there cam on their computer listen to this. I have read these forums for weeks and tried redownloading the hp truevision hd driver. I finally did a scan and found out that just because it was not showing up under device manager, it was still on my computer. I then realized that these laptops have a bad habit of the web cam coming loose. I tried all kinds of videos on how to fix this and they looked to complicated. I then ran across this- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FDyI-CL7eA  it took me less than 5 minutes to take my screen apart and fix my cam and put it back togather. Now it shows up under device manager and works perfect.  Trust me, I have been searching for a fix for weeks now.  Nothing else worked and this video is so simple to learn from.

Tutor
eReS
Message 10 of 36 (39,173 Views)

chrisandsherryh is right

check out this thread:
webcam problem

solved my problem

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation