Question

Honor Student
Lordloss18
Message 1 of 6 (12,408 Views)

My Hp Pavilion won't start up when I turn it on!

I have a HP Pavilion that has windows xp but when i turn it on it says starting windows but it doesn't have the little lights flashing and sometimes it says "Windows loading files" but then it just goes back to the starting windows again?

Dean
Dragon-Fur
Message 2 of 6 (12,397 Views)

Re: My Hp Pavilion won't start up when I turn it on!

LordLoss

You probably know these steps;

In case you are freaking out because your notebook is freaking out

and you have suddenly gone into brain freeze,

Here is the "Panic Checklist"

Resolving Start Up and No Boot Problems Checklist

Good Luck!

Kind Regards,
Dragon-Fur
Tutor
jasonminett
Message 3 of 6 (12,380 Views)

yeah i was on the phone with hp too remote access my netbook too solve my webcam issuse but no luck with hp either...i belive its a lose wire issus a product default and the bad thing is my warrenty is out...so my best bet would be a new webcam via usb....

Dean
Dragon-Fur
Message 4 of 6 (12,373 Views)

Jason,

If you are lucky, the service manual may be detailed enough to help you figure out how to open up the case and get to the webcam wires.  Some computers have good services manuals, others, not-so-much.

Start at 

Support and Drivers

Enter your information, Click on manuals and see if you can find a Service manual for your product.

The other place to look is on YouTube.  These webcams are so prone to loose bits that there are lots of videos out there on "how to fix" the little beasts.  The trick is to find someone who has made a video of YOUR box.

Ciip on webcams work pretty well, fold up like small travel mice, and are reliable.  When you can't stand it any longer, get one.  Smiling.  Logitech makes an awesome webcam and the mid-to-high end HP is good, too - I have one.  There are other good ones out there, too.

For the Pavilion, there's a blink code doc - don't know if there's any help in it...

Troubleshooting LED Blink Codes or Beep Codes During Startup or Boot

Good Luck!

Kind Regards,
Dragon-Fur
Student
makubex
Message 5 of 6 (6,626 Views)

Hi, I also have a problem with my hp pavilion g4-1015dx, the OS won't load even if the fan is running, the power is on, I already tried the hard reset, but it did'nt work, anyone can help me?plz

Professor
npw05001
Message 6 of 6 (6,505 Views)

Hello makubex,

I see that you are having start up problems with your HP computer. I have a couple of suggestions that may help with this issue.

Here is a link to some troubleshooting steps that may help with this issue. If the steps in this link doesn't help you can also try the step listed in this link.

Signature
↙-----------How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved? ----------------↓

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation