My computer boots up to a grey or blue screen with many horizontal lines. (154 Views)
Student
dougba
Message 1 of 2 (154 Views)

My computer boots up to a grey or blue screen with many horizontal lines.

I have an HP G60 447CL running Windows 7.  When I boot up now, it comes up with a grey or blue screen with many horizontal lines accross the screen.  If I plug in a monitor, then I can use the notebook.  As soon as I unplug and try going back to the LCD screen, it still has the same grey screen.

Distinguished Professor
Danjen
Message 2 of 2 (149 Views)

Re: My computer boots up to a grey or blue screen with many horizontal lines.

More than likely the screen will need to be replaced. If it is under warrantee, contact HP.  If not, try laptopscreen.com .  They have videos showing screen replacements and a service to do it for you if that type of thing is not for you.  If you can move your screen and the image comes back, you may have a break in the cable coming from your notebook to the screen but it sounds like the screen.

Reminder: Please select the "Accept as Solution" button on the post that best answers your question. Also, you may click on the white star in the "Kudos" button for any helpful post to give that person a quick thanks. These feedback tools help keep our community active, so you receive better answers faster.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation