Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

HP Pavilion DV6-2121er

My laptop screen displays texts and symbols on reverse direction. For example, on the desktop "My computer"  - as "retupmoc yM".

I did reinstall my OS, but it didn't help me.

What problem may be? Please, help me!

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

Hi,

Please try this

• Right click a blank space on desktop
  • Select Personalize
  • Select Display (near bottom left)
  • Select Change Display settings
  • flip.png
  • Select flip screen
  • Click Apply/Ok

Hope this helps.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

@banhien,

I'm didn't write about ROTATE Desktop screen.

I wrote about reversing texts.

For example, icon name of "My computer"  displays as "retupmoc yM".

"Recycle bin"   ->  "nib elcyceR".

I hope, You will understand me..

HP Recommended

Hi,

Now try this:

Press the Ctrl and Alt keys together then either the up or down or right or left arrow key to rotate the screen.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Thanks for Your answers.

But You didn't understand me.

My desktop staying normally, just names of icons, of commands, of menus shown reverse.

Please, look at picture.Desktop.jpg

HP Recommended

I have the same problem.  A more accurate description would be that the display is mirrored...

If I view the reflection of my display in a mirror everything appears normal.

If I view my display directly everything is reversed horizontally pixel by pixel (i.e.. mirrored).

At no point during the boot process is the display correct.  As soon as the BIOS posts the screen is messed up so this issue has nothing to do with the display driver as it's not even loaded yet.

My problem is actually slightly worse.  My display is mirrored and then shifted to the right half a screen length with pixels beyond the right edge of the screen getting wrapped around to the left side of the screen.  You can get a sense of the problem by doing or imagining the following scenerio:

1) Take a screen shot of your desktop.

2) Open the screen shot in photoshop and mirror it (not the same as rotating or flipping)

3) Print the screen shot and tape the left edge of the paper to the right edge forming a tube

4) Make the tube flat again by cutting it down what used to be the middle of the image.

Please help HP

HP Recommended

UPDATE:

Did a full system restore, no change; display works fine with an external monitor.  It must be the monitor itself although I've never seen a monitor go bad like this; it's a prefect 1-to-1 remapping of pixels.

Can anybody from HP weigh in here?  Are there any memory modules on the screen that contain mapping adresses or transform settings that can be flashed back to factory settings?

HP Recommended

One of my users has this EXACT issue, the display shows a mirror image from post. I think it's the inverter ribbon cable that may need to be replaced. I will let this forum know for sure after I have replaced that part.

HP Recommended

I am anxious to find out if this worked for you. I have a customers Acer laptop that is doing the exact same thing.

Also curious to know what graphics yours is using.

This is an Intel HD graphics of some sort on this end.

HP Recommended

My client didn't want to spend the $18.00 for the LCD Inverter Cable when I told him it works fine with an external monitor. But if the Inverter Cable didn't work I would have ordered a new Display which was in the $70.00 range. If that didn't work ... Motherboard.

Good luck to anyone experiencing this issue and I look forward to seeing a resolution on this forum soon.

-Gregg D.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.