Re: My laptop screen does not come on (87 Views)
Honor Student
slaghterbeast
Message 1 of 6 (104 Views)

My laptop screen does not come on

I have a HP G62  but it has no battery but i still use it i was shuting it down when i triped over the charger and it truned off, i tryed to turn it back on but the screen wont light up but the laptop turn's on i tryed clicking the caps locks on but the light wont light up 

Is my laptop broken and is there anyway ti fix it any help will be very usefull

Thank you

HP Support Agent
SuperMario1
Message 2 of 6 (87 Views)

Re: My laptop screen does not come on

Hello slaghterbeast,

Welcome to the HP Forums! I hope you enjoy your experience!

I understand the computer will not start properly and a black screen remains. I apologize for the delayed response, but I will do my best to assist you! To troubleshoot the issue, please try the steps in this HP document: Troubleshooting Black Screen Displays with No Error Messages During Startup or Boot

The document lists useful steps starting with resetting the product. More specific steps are explained depending on your issue. I believe this troubleshooting will resolve the issue. If not, I would contact HP phone support for further assistance. You can utilize this website to learn how to contact HP appropriately, based on your region: Contact HP Worldwide

Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns. Thank you for posting on the HP Forums. Have a great day!

Mario

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!

Super Mario 1
I work on behalf of HP
Honor Student
slaghterbeast
Message 3 of 6 (81 Views)

Thank you mario for responding, and i did do this test and the fan and the drive is working plus the f12 is working but the black screen is still there and the caps locks is not lighting up. if getting a battrey would help plz respond. 

Thank you very much HP

Student
bjn64
Message 4 of 6 (69 Views)

I turn my laptop on and the monitor will not come on

please help

HP Support Agent
SuperMario1
Message 5 of 6 (48 Views)

If the steps doesn't help, replacing the battery may be the answer. However, if you were to call HP support, the whole computer could be serviced. This would eliminate the risk of possibly trying the wrong part, since replacing the battery might not work.

Mario

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!

Super Mario 1
I work on behalf of HP
Honor Student
slaghterbeast
Message 6 of 6 (23 Views)

Hello and I think I might have found out what the problem is when I start it the fan comes on but after 3 secs the fan goes off that might be the problem if so is there anything I could do

Thank you
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation