Question

Student
momto2boyz
Message 1 of 3 (1,698 Views)

My screen wont turn on on my hp dv7.

After reading some other suggestions to do a battery reset...I did this to no avail. After powering on, I am left with a black screen...however the volume bar is lit up and the caps and num lock keys are blinking. I hear the fan turn on for a second but no other normal loading sounds after that. Is it shot? It wouldn't be the end of the world except I have no way to know how to retrieve the content (pics, docs, etc.) Any input would be greatly appreciated.
Top Student
healingwind
Message 2 of 3 (1,692 Views)

Re: My screen wont turn on on my hp dv7.

My hp pavilion dv6353us won't turn on either.  It starts to come on, the fan runs for a second and then it shuts off several times before staying off completely. I took battery out (which is depleted anyway) and ran on electric.  The machine won;t turn on and I like you am concerned about documents and pictures I have stored on my computer.  I too am looking for answers

Top Student
NetTech
Message 3 of 3 (1,679 Views)

Re: My screen wont turn on on my hp dv7.

It sounds like the most simple suggestion would be to select the monitor screen for the laptop.  Hold down the fn key on the lower right of the keyboard and then push the f4 key once. Let both up.  Did the screen come on?  If not, try it again.

Rick

My first computer was a F-14 weapons system
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation