Question

Student
earnestparker2
Message 1 of 11 (324 Views)

My webcam stopped working.

My webcam stopped working after the YouCam update, help anyone.

PhD Student
SomelOguh
Message 2 of 11 (312 Views)

Re: My webcam stopped working.

Hello,

Thanks for your post!

Have you tried to remove the software and install it back? Is the webcam detected in device manager?

If this does not help, please provide me information about your computer model(country from you are) so that i can try to check what other things you can try.

Thanks,

I work for HP! Please remember to provide kudo.JPGand if this helped click ON AS.JPG

Provost
Daniel_Potyrala
Message 3 of 11 (303 Views)

Hi,

Restore the system to the point where you remember that everything worked fine.

Resource:

How to Do a System Restore in Windows 7

How to Do a System Restore in Vista

** Say thanks by clicking the "Thumb up" icon which is on the left. **

** Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue. **
Top Student
aziegler802
Message 4 of 11 (282 Views)

Hello,

I have recently had a similar problem in which my Cyberlink YouCam was uninstalled and will not reinstall. Everk time I try to reinstall it, it tells me it has been located on my computer and needs to be uninstalled but I cannot find the program. I was able to successfully install YouCam 3.5 again, briefly, until it would not update and I kept getting error messages saying that there was no webcam device detected and to connect one to my computer. This is the same message I recieved while attempting to use Skype which is how this all started. I have tried going into Device Manager (it does not appear even after searching for software changes), and I have used the HP downloads online which are not working.

I would appreciate help with this so that I can use my camera for Skype again!

Thanks,

Amanda

PhD Student
SomelOguh
Message 5 of 11 (280 Views)

Hello aziegler,

Can you please provide to me information about your computer model?

In the meanwhile, try to go into device manager again and in view, select the option, view devices by connection.

Check if your webcam appears listed there and its status.

Let me know the results.

Thanks,

I work for HP! Please remember to provide kudo.JPGand if this helped click ON AS.JPG

Provost
Daniel_Potyrala
Message 6 of 11 (278 Views)

@aziegler802

Hi,

Restore the system to the point where you remember that everything worked fine.

Resource:

How to Do a System Restore in Windows 7

How to Do a System Restore in Vista

** Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue. **
PhD Student
SomelOguh
Message 7 of 11 (276 Views)

Hello aziegler,

Can you please provide to me information about your computer model?

In the meanwhile, try to go into device manager again and in view, select the option, view devices by connection.

Check if your webcam appears listed there and its status.

Let me know the results.

Thanks,

Top Student
aziegler802
Message 8 of 11 (264 Views)

My computer is an HP Pavilion dv6700 Entertainment PC. I tried looking in device manager both by type and by connection and after checking for hardware changes, and the webcam does not show up. I have also tried to recover the program through HP Recovery Manager with no success. I have restored my computer to a time earlier in the day before this happened, and after that didn't work I restored it to an earlier date. I am unable to restore the computer to a much earlier date (only to July) when the webcam would probably have been working. I have not used it in quite a while, so it is possible that it has been broken for some time.

Provost
Daniel_Potyrala
Message 9 of 11 (259 Views)

Check the link below and use Microsoft Fix it:

Hardware devices are not working or are not detected in Windows

PhD Student
SomelOguh
Message 10 of 11 (230 Views)

Hello,

Probably your webcam is faulty, better for you if you buy an external USB camera, instead of repairing the notebook...

But before you think about this one, you can try to install your O.S again, install the operating system again and see if it works...

Thanks!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation