Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hello,

So I updated NVIDIA GeForce 8200m G yesterday to the new version (285.62). I had version 186.68 or .85, I don't remember. When i tried connecting my LCD HD TV to my laptop, it didnt work, everything was the same. So i tried going to Control Panel>Mobile PC>Connect to a projector...>Connect display and changed the setting so that the screen only show on the TV. When i click "OK" my computer screem turn black but i could still see light from the screen, and nothing happen. No video, no sound. My computer staid like that then i had to reboot it.

So i search to see what was wrong and found out that a lot of people where having the same problems but for a different computer. I see that some people just got the old version that they had or just got an older version then v280, i tried it and got v275.33 and still the same thing happens. The computer recognizes it but nothing happens. Just the black screen. I also tried the rollback but i re-installed it so it didnt work.

I dont know how to get my old drive back, so can any one help me? Does any one know how to fix this problem? Connecting my HP laptob to my TV. I have the HDMI cable and it work in the past so i think it was the update.

HP G60-121WM

Windows Vista 32-bits

NVIDIA GeForce 8200M G 1407 MB

If some one found the problem, can you send me a link? I also tried to do the "System restore" but i just kept getting a fail message. If you need more informationg just say so. 

Thank you.

P.S. I also saw that "NVIDIA HDMI audio" chanded to "NVIDIA HD audio" but know it just says "High Definition Audio Device" What might have happen? Also, on the NVIDIA website said that i should uninstall my NVIDIA Windows Display Drivers. I did and when go back to  uninstall it. Its not there, but i have Verde v275.33 Drive that i got from NVIDIA Web. Did i do something wrong?

http://www.nvidia.com/object/IO_13955.html

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Yeah, I can see it and it always crash when i use it. 

However, i think, I solved it. I just when to the HP website, shearch for my laptob and downladed the drive but i had already dont that but did't work. I keept getting a message that I wasnt running windows vista. So I opend the file of the drive that i download and when to windows 32 folder and it had a install probram.

I tried it and the installer just stayed there, not doing nothing. I closed it by using the windows task manager ('ctrl'+'alt'+'delete') and run the driver installer again. Befor i could click on the continue button, my screen turn off and then turrn back on. So i connected the HDMI cable and when to NVIDIA controll panel and made my tv the 2nd screen but the sound doesnt work. 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi,

Can you see this when Right click the desktop ?

nvidia_cp.png

My suggestion: use Device Manager to uninstall Display adapter, reboot the machine then let Windows 7 find driver for you or manual install driver again. Just do a clean install rather than install on the top of existing driver.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

However, i think, I solved it. I just when to the HP website, shearch for my laptob and downladed the drive but i had already dont that but did't work. I keept getting a message that I wasnt running windows vista. So I opend the file of the drive that i download and when to windows 32 folder and it had a install probram.

I tried it and the installer just stayed there, not doing nothing. I closed it by using the windows task manager ('ctrl'+'alt'+'delete') and run the driver installer again. Befor i could click on the continue button, my screen turn off and then turrn back on. So i connected the HDMI cable and when to NVIDIA controll panel and made my tv the 2nd screen but the sound doesnt work. 

HP Recommended

Could somebody kindly translate the solution into usable English please as I have the same problem of no HDMI output but cannot understand what that text is supposed to say.

@UnknownProblem wrote:

HP Recommended

@UnknownProblem wrote:

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.