Question

Top Student
emmykay
Message 1 of 21 (21,939 Views)

New HP laptop's built in webcam not recognized in cyberlink youcam

My new laptop has a built in webcam (yes, I have made sure of this). I tried using the cyberlink youcam device and it says no webcam detected, if you have an internal camera, make sure that it is on. However, all the help forums I have looked at say that this program is supposed to be able to access your camera and turn it on. I have also tried Skype to see if it could access it, but no luck. 

The model type is a HP G56- 129WM Notebook PC

I really don't mind if the camera won't work because I have an external one, but this is incredible annoying. 

Thank you. 

Student
danielle_ofcour
Message 2 of 21 (21,875 Views)

Re: New HP laptop's built in webcam not recognized in cyberlink youcam

i am having the exact same problem with the same laptop, but i don't have the external camera, so its kind of necessary for me to get it. so if you figure it out, will you please let me know!

thank you very much.

Honor Student
Dancerinmo
Message 3 of 21 (21,818 Views)

I have a presario CQ56-109WM and I think it has a built in webcam.

I'm having the same problem. It says it can't reconize it and to turn it on, but how do you turn it on?

Top Student
emmykay
Message 4 of 21 (21,793 Views)

Lovely how HP doesn't help the problem you have whatsoever. You'd think with as many people that have it, they'd address it. 

Provost
CherylG
Message 5 of 21 (21,754 Views)

Specs page for G56-129WM does not mention a Webcam-only integrated Mic. Laptops with a webcam will have a visible lense in the top frame around the lcd screen.

HERE

HPWeb.jpg

******Clicking the Thumbs-Up button is a way to give Kudo's -Thanks!.******
**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue to help others who are searching**
Top Student
emmykay
Message 6 of 21 (21,682 Views)

This laptop doesn't have the outlined lense, it has a shiny black square above the lcd screen. And if this laptop doesn't have a webcam, then HP shouldn't have labeled one in the diagram showing you what this laptop is equipped with.  (has arrows pointing to the square that label a webcam and the light indicating that it's on.) They also should not have mentioned it in the user's manual. So if this laptop doesn't in fact have a camera, it is false advertising for HP, and I am incredibly upset. 

Student
ElectricCT
Message 7 of 21 (21,653 Views)

We are having the exact same problem with our new HP G56 laptop. There is a lens for the integrated webcam and every piece of literature we've found online suggests that we should have one in this system. We, too, have tried Skype and all of the internal software to auto-recognize it, but nothing is working. I'm giving up for tonight and calling HP in the morning. If that remains unsuccessful, we're returning this laptop and getting a different machine altogether. This is very frustrating!

Student
killerjason
Message 8 of 21 (21,026 Views)

I have a G56 laptop to and facebook skype and gmail don't recognize my camera and it is really annoying because I've looked up a ton of things and none of them work and I'm starting to want to return my laptop which is really good besides this

Student
windman1252
Message 9 of 21 (19,293 Views)

hi i am having the same problem over a year now i have the hp dv9000 and nothing i do helps it keeps telling me something is disabled please let me know what is wrong with my webcam

Honor Student
Nicomax
Message 10 of 21 (18,868 Views)

Re: New HP laptop's built in webcam not recognized

hi, i have the same problem at hp envy 14, please let me know what is wrong with my webcam....

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation