Question

Honor Student
Dimitar_T
Message 1 of 3 (960 Views)

No Amd graphic driver is installed, or the AMD driver is not functioning properly...

Hello,

I have "HP Pavilion g6 2011eu" with "AMD Radeon 7670M". Till now i used Windows 7 and I had no problems. Today I installed Windows 8.1 (64bit). I downloaded and installed all the drivers today (latest) from the HP site -driver download for that laptop. Everything seems to be but 1-2 minutes after windows starts that message blinks - "No Amd graphic driver is installed, or the AMD driver is not functioning properly...". Then I installed "HP Support Assistant" to see if there is something else to install - but nothing appeared. Then I visited the internet site of "AMD" to download the lateste drivers. I`ve tried with both - drivers for notebook and for PC, but still this error appears. The names of the files are: "14-4-mobility-win7-win8-win8.1-64-dd-ccc-whql" and "14-4-win7-win8-win8.1-64-dd-ccc-whql". I also installed "AMD Driver Downloader", to download the right drivers. And it didn`t worked. The program found and downloaded driver that I`ve installed earlier.

I`ve seen older posts, but I didn`t find anything.

Please help me solving my problem.

HP Support Agent
Mrstenter
Message 2 of 3 (878 Views)

Re: No Amd graphic driver is installed, or the AMD driver is not functioning properly...

Hi Dimitar_T,

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forums and Welcome. I have read your thread on your HP Pavilion g6-2011eu Notebook and having issues with the graphics card. Try uninstall the Device in device manager, restarting the computer and try going to HP and download and  install the correct driver for Windows 8.1.

Hope this helps.

Thanks.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!
Mrs.Tenter
I work on behalf of HP
Honor Student
Dimitar_T
Message 3 of 3 (825 Views)

Re: No Amd graphic driver is installed, or the AMD driver is not functioning properly...

Hello,

The first thing that I did, was to visit the website and download every driver for my laptop from http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareCategory?os=4158&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&sw_lang=&product=5264... . And then I started doing other things to make this error dissapear. And the problem was not only this error, but I coldn't switch to other view - I usualy connect my laptop to my TV via HDMI, and I couldn`t do this when I had this problem. And the other problem was that I couldn't use my quick keys - on keys F2, F3, F4 - to switch the view, increase or decrease the brightness. Because of my work, I had to find another computer to do my job, which is not very comfortable. I have fixed my problem, but I expected when I do everythig I need to do written in HP internet site, for this laptop (download and install the drivers for exact this laptop) I would have a well working machine. And it didn't work. It took me so long to fix the problem (I mean time). And the time is money (because I plan almost every hour of my day)...

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation