Question

Honor Student
fennucci
Message 1 of 11 (18,397 Views)

No HDMI audio-out in playback devices(HP G60-234DX)

For some reason after I updated to Windows7 I have never gotten my HDMI to show up in my playback devices, so I can use it for my audio out aswell as video. Can someone help me please, I've seen lots of people ask these questions with little answers. I tried uninstalling my driver(Intel(R) High Definition Audio HDMI) and reinstalling it with no success. 

Provost
erico
Message 2 of 11 (18,393 Views)

Re: No HDMI audio-out in playback devices(HP G60-234DX)

Which version of Windows 7 did you install? 32-bit or 64-bit?

Help others by clicking on the "Accept As Solution" button if my suggestion resolves the issue you were having
****I am a volunteer, I don't work for Microsoft or HP****

2014 Microsoft MVP - Microsoft Windows Expert - Consumer

Honor Student
fennucci
Message 3 of 11 (18,374 Views)

32bit

Student
JeremySansone
Message 4 of 11 (18,332 Views)

i am having the same problem... please help us

Top Student
Gregan32
Message 5 of 11 (18,312 Views)

I can't believe I'm actually helping others with tech support, this is a first!

I just had this problem, but found the solutoion:

Click the Volume icon in the system try (bottom right of screen near clock)

Select "Mixer"

In the "Applications" section of the window that pops up, click on the "System Sounds" icon

Then in the Sound menu that pops up, double click on "Digital Audio (HDMI)

You'll now have audio coming out of the HDMI cable and into your TV/Tuner etc...

Honor Student
nsedgell
Message 6 of 11 (15,820 Views)

I had the very same problem and after 2 days of working on it I found a VERY simple solution.  At some point your HDMI audio out was disabled.  To fix this problem, click on the speaker icon in the taskbar, and then select mixer.  Next, select the "Applications, systems sounds" icon.  From there, select the Playback tab.  RIGHT CLICK in the box which shows the speakers and other devices. This will now give you an option to view "disabled" or "disconnected" devices.  From there simply enable your HDMI OUT device.  Hope this works for everyone!!! 

Top Student
craigums
Message 7 of 11 (14,233 Views)

problem is that when you either 1) upgraded to windows 7 or 2) just upgraded some sort of graphics driver your hdmi driver got some generic upgrade.  this worked and it took less than 5 minutes.  

go here:

http://www.intel.com/support/detect.htm?iid=dc_iduu

chances are it will detect, among other things, an outdated accelorator graphic card.

run the update for the card (even thought it says it is for video)

reboot and BOOM - it works!  hopefully!

Honor Student
JohnJohns
Message 8 of 11 (13,173 Views)

Craigums is exactly right!  Go to Intel support

http://www.intel.com/p/en_US/support/detect

and run their Intel Driver Update utility

• Software and drivers
  •  

Get the latest graphics driver for your operating system

Do I have the latest graphics driver?

For help on where to find other chipset software (such as audio, network, storage, etc.)

Click the “Get the latest graphics driver” then select your operating system.

Find downloads by category 

Products

•  

Product family

Graphics

Product line

Laptop graphics controllers

Product name

Mobile Intel® 4 Series Express Chipset Family

Select an Operating System

Loading ...

Select a Download Type

Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator Driver for Windows 7*, Windows Vista* (exe)

Installs graphics driver version 15.17.16.2302 (8.15.10.2302) for Intel® integrated graphics.

OS: Windows 7 Enterprise, 32-bit version*, Windows 7 ....More Windows 7 Enterprise, 32-bit version*, Windows 7 Home Basic, 32-bit version*, Windows 7 Home Premium, 32-bit version*, Windows 7 Professional, 32-bit version*, Windows 7 Ultimate, 32-bit version*, Windows 7*, Windows 7, 32-bit*, Windows Vista 32*, Windows Vista Business, 32-bit version*, Windows Vista Enterprise, 32-bit version*, Windows Vista Home Basic, 32-bit version*, Windows Vista Home Premium, 32-bit version*, Windows Vista Ultimate, 32-bit version*, Windows Vista*>

2/18/2011

Latest

Available Downloads

(Which file should I download?)

File name:

Win7Vista_151716.exe

Version:

Date:

02/18/2011

Latest

Size:

37.72 MB

Language:

Multi language

Operating Systems:

Windows 7 Enterprise, 32-bit version*, Windows 7 Home Basic, 32-bit version*, Windows 7 Home Premium, 32-bit version*, Windows 7 Professional, 32-bit version*, Windows 7 Ultimate, 32-bit version*, Windows 7*, Windows 7, 32-bit*, Windows Vista 32*, Windows Vista Business, 32-bit version*, Windows Vista Enterprise, 32-bit version*, Windows Vista Home Basic, 32-bit version*, Windows Vista Home Premium, 32-bit version*, Windows Vista Ultimate, 32-bit version*, Windows Vista*

Now, the graphics driver number that resulted on my computer was unchanged, the date of the new driver is Feb, 2011!

After installing this new driver, which took several minutes to download, VOILA! The HDMI selection appears in the playback, and WORKS!

Student
ceemonster1
Message 9 of 11 (4,413 Views)

[ Edited ]

I created an account just to thank nsedgell for his answer.  I looked through my TV manual, the Samsung website, the Sony Vaio website, and numerous other websites trying the determine what was wrong with my sound when using the HDMI cable. nsedgell's answer was the only one that described the problem and the solution. 

If your driver is installed, you're not using a DVI-to-HDMI cable, and the choice of HDMI does not show up under the Sounds->Playback tab, this is the answer for you.  

Student
iRicky
Message 10 of 11 (3,423 Views)

@Craigums @JohnJohns

Perfect answers!

Works for sure, + remember the other ways (only if the download isn't available):

Sound>Playback>

Right-click and click for show disconnected devices and etc.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation