'No Signal' when I connect my laptop to my Samsung LED TV (5496 Views)
Honor Student
Pandurang_G
Message 1 of 5 (5,496 Views)

'No Signal' when I connect my laptop to my Samsung LED TV

Hi,

I am using Compaq presario V3700 laptop, product number FF360PA, when I connect this laptop to my samsung LED TV. TV shows no "no signal" message. I am trying to connect using VGA port. I tried setting various resolution but it didn't help me. The laptop OS is Windows Vista Home Premium and when I connect a VGA port, it detects a external monitor but TV doesn't show anything. 

When I connected it first time, I could able to see the laptop contents but after few days when I tried I am getting this error, so not sre what went wrong.

Tried updating VGA driver, reset bios bt didn't get any break through. Also tried to connect to another external monitor, but same issue.

If I connect my another Dell loptop I can able to see its contents on TV, so there is no issue with the VGA cable or TV.

Appriciate your help on this.

Regards

PG

Provost
banhien
Message 2 of 5 (5,489 Views)

Re: 'No Signal' when I connect my laptop to my Samsung LED TV

Hi,

Have you tried F4 yet ? Just hit F4 key (using its function) to see how we go.

Regards,

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
Honor Student
Pandurang_G
Message 3 of 5 (5,487 Views)

Hello banjien,
Thanks for reply...

Yes I have tried this options too!

Regards
PG
Provost
banhien
Message 4 of 5 (5,484 Views)

Hi,

It looks like the laptop can see the TV. Now please try this:

• Right click any blank space on your desktop,
  • Select Personalize,
  • Select Display settings (you should see 2 screens #1 & #2),
  • Select #2

Regards,

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
Honor Student
Pandurang_G
Message 5 of 5 (5,480 Views)

Hi,
Yes I have tried this option too but didn't help!
From personalization even I tried connect to projector or other external display ... When I click on "connect display " it shows connected however my TV says no signal & TV screen is just blank!

From device manager it was showing as non generic PnP monitor so I installed the drivers again to Generic PnP but tht too did not help....

Read on Internet something about EDID might be corrupt.... But not sure how to restore that?

Does it get restored if I reinstalled windows ?
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation