No update for OEM Intel HD Graphics 4000 driver? (4817 Views)
Tutor
HyperChu
Message 1 of 13 (4,817 Views)
Accepted Solution

No update for OEM Intel HD Graphics 4000 driver?

[ Edited ]

I got my HP Envy dv7-7250us back in May 2013, and realized that the most recent version of its Intel HD Graphics 4000 driver software is 9.17.10.2857 from November 2012.  Intel's official driver is now at version 15.31.3.64.3071 (9.17.10.3071) from March 2013.

I am unable to install Intel's update though, because it detects HP's version of the driver and refuses to install a generic version.  However, HP's current version is very dated, and I'm running into severe performance issues in many games.

Is it possible that HP could ever bring their Intel HD Graphics 4000 drivers up to date? 

Associate Professor
VJ_R
Message 2 of 13 (4,780 Views)

Re: No update for OEM Intel HD Graphics 4000 driver?

Hi 

Have you tried to uninstall the HP driver from programs and features... and try to install the latest version of the intel driver?

If not Try that and see if that works

Hope this helps.

***** Click the KUDOS star on the left to say 'Thanks'*****

****Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer “Accept as Solution”&"Kudos"if it solves your problem.****

-VJ

Although I am an HP Employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.

Tutor
HyperChu
Message 3 of 13 (4,745 Views)

[ Edited ]

I have tried that, but intel still gave me the error, and I just ended up doing a system restore.

I hope HP will update their intel HD Graphics 4000 driver, because I'm running into serious performance issues with many games which other users have resolved with intel's own driver updates. I'm just one person, and that's horribly unlikely to make any impact on HP's operations... But it's hurting my trust in them that they haven't made ANY updates for the HP Envy dv7-7250us since November 2012. Hopefully at least an update will come next month (annual updates)? I can't even pull off low-end/console-quality gaming on a $900 PC.  I've been trusting HP hardware with one desktop and 3 laptops, but my dv7 is not operating as advertised (a high-end laptop which runs most games at medium settings).

Tutor
HyperChu
Message 4 of 13 (4,717 Views)

*bump*  I really need a driver update from HP.  People with the same Intel HD Graphics 4000 (+ updated drivers) are playing Second Life without fail, while mine keeps crashing due to my particular driver version's issue with basic shaders :smileysad:

Tutor
HyperChu
Message 5 of 13 (4,672 Views)

[ Edited ]

*bump again*

Associate Professor
VJ_R
Message 6 of 13 (4,656 Views)

Hi

I found this driver from intel page try this and see if that helps

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?DwnldID=22605

Hope this helps.

***** Click the KUDOS star on the left to say 'Thanks'*****

****Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer “Accept as Solution”&"Kudos"if it solves your problem.****

-VJ

Although I am an HP Employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.

Intern
andriuskarpas
Message 7 of 13 (4,655 Views)

[ Edited ]

Ok i believe this guy did the wrong procedure of uninstalling and istaling new intel drivers.

1. Go to intell find the driver you need and download it saving to your pc.

2. Go to device manager uninstall old drivers and tic the box to remove soft.

3. reboot your pc

4. install you drivers you have downloaded form intel

5. reboot pc

6. thats it you did it :smileyhappy:

Tutor
HyperChu
Message 8 of 13 (4,634 Views)

[ Edited ]

andriuskarpas wrote:

Ok i believe this guy did the wrong procedure of uninstalling and istaling new intel drivers.

1. Go to intell find the driver you need and download it saving to your pc.

2. Go to device manager uninstall old drivers and tic the box to remove soft.

3. reboot your pc

4. install you drivers you have downloaded form intel

5. reboot pc

6. thats it you did it :smileyhappy:

I tried that too.  But I wound up with this error message:

I can't for the life of me get an official Intel driver to install on here for one reason or another... WHY DOESN'T HP JUST MAKE AN UPDATE?  IT'S BEEN A YEAR.

Intern
andriuskarpas
Message 9 of 13 (4,624 Views)

Hm sounds intersting you have 3rd generation i7 with intel hd4000. Did you chosen the correct driver from intel????  https://downloadcenter.intel.com/SearchResult.aspx?lang=eng&ProductFamily=Graphics&ProductLine=Lapto...  here is the correct drivers try not to choose iris go with older one if it will work try Iris then. It should work my friend i did it the same with HP G6 series laptop

intel 3rd generation i5 with Intel hd 4000. At thirst download drivers save them in to pc. Then you uninstalling drivers in device manageronly in device manager tick the box " delete the drivers soffware for this device.

then trun of ineternet connection reboot pc be sure internet is off. then install drivers you have downloaded!!!!!

If its not going to work again try original drivers from HP tp see are they working??????

Tutor
HyperChu
Message 10 of 13 (4,603 Views)

[ Edited ]

I got the right driver. My HP Envy dv7-7250us has a 3rd-generation Intel Core i7-3630QM CPU with Intel HD Graphics 4000. When I delete the driver, Intel's installer says I don't have the minimum requirements, and when I don't delete it, Intel tells me to install the manufacturer's driver....

I've been checking the box to delete the driver software every time I uninstall it... But I just can't install Intel's drivers, regardless....

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation