Question

Top Student
NPrashar
Message 1 of 5 (2,974 Views)
Accepted Solution

Part of my screen has become white (Compaq presario CQ61)

It happened suddenly, A considerable part of my Compaq presario CQ61 laptop's screen has become white. It looks like the image in attachment. Can someone help me resolve this. Thanks in anticipation.

This is how my screen looks like

Grad Student
mc713
Message 2 of 5 (2,965 Views)

Re: Part of my screen has become white (Compaq presario CQ61)

I'm sorry, but this looks like a cracked LCD. The only fix is to replace the LCD panel.

You can find out more about this problem here: Cracked LCD.

I am an employee of Hewlett Packard.

- - Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem so others can more easily find the answer - -
- - Please click the Kudos star if you would like to say thanks - -

Top Student
NPrashar
Message 3 of 5 (2,960 Views)

Thanks  for the reply. I am sure what you are saying must be right. But what perplexes me is that the laptop did not fell on the ground, neither was any physical mishandling, can lcd break all of a sudden without any physical disturbance ?

Teacher
Janludb
Message 4 of 5 (2,951 Views)

It could crack if the screen bends on one side, this kind of problem i heard before, and is probabely an production error.

Biggest problem is to prove it that it happened because of production error

Groetjes,

Jan
Grad Student
mc713
Message 5 of 5 (2,930 Views)

Well, it can be hard to say exactly how damage happens to a screen.  It doesn't need to be something as obvious as a fall. Sometimes pressure on the screen will do it - stacking heavy items on top of the notebook or closing the screen while there is a pen on the keyboard are some things that can damage the screen. The problem might not show up right away - it may take some time for the liquid to leak through small cracks in the internal layer of the display.

I am an employee of Hewlett Packard.

- - Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem so others can more easily find the answer - -
- - Please click the Kudos star if you would like to say thanks - -

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation