Question

Honor Student
KnoStro
Message 1 of 4 (210 Views)
Accepted Solution

Pavilion dv7-6130ew, windows update broke my grafics

After installing Windows 8.1 Update for x64-based Systems (KB2919355)  there was an error after startup saying that Load MMdriver appication stopped working or something.

This causes my Firefox browser to crash after startup and my video games also crash reporting some d3d errors.

I cant find any windows 8.1 AMD drivers updates at my product page, the site lists HP Pavilion dv7-6130ew Entertainment Notebook PC but then proceeds to inform me that We were unable to verify your product

Which drivers should I install?

HP Support Agent
Mrstenter
Message 2 of 4 (168 Views)

Re: Pavilion dv7-6130ew, windows update broke my grafics

Hi KnoStro,

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forums and Welcome. I have read your thread on your HP Pavilion dv7-6130ew Notebook  and not being able to find the graphics drivers for Windows 8.1. Click on the Windows key and type device manager. You need to right click in the device manager and update the drivers for graphics that are listed.

Hope this helps.

Thanks.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!
Mrs.Tenter
I work on behalf of HP
Honor Student
KnoStro
Message 3 of 4 (154 Views)

It worked! To be honest I'm surpised that feature didn't just tell me it couln't find a specific driver as usual... well i's been a few years since last time I bothered with Device Manager built-in driver update. Windows has come long way.

To add to your solution; the correct order is to update Intel HD driver first, reboot and then update AMD Radeon  graphics and reboot, otherwise it did do nothing. I also had to come into BIOS setup and change Switchable Graphics to FIXED mode once again.

My grafics work once again, thank you!

HP Support Agent
Mrstenter
Message 4 of 4 (144 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hey KnoStro,

Thanks for the additional information on the order of which should go first. I appreciate you letting me know.

Have a great week glad everything is working ok.

Thanks.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!
Mrs.Tenter
I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation