Pavilion dv7 screen problems (1305 Views)
Honor Student
snowmiller
Message 1 of 4 (1,305 Views)

Pavilion dv7 screen problems

my screen turns random colors sometimes when positioning the screen to another angle. Sometimes it has a green haze. It must be a connector, is there a history of defective connectors or do they come loose?

Provost
erico
Message 2 of 4 (1,300 Views)

Re: Pavilion dv7 screen problems

It is rare for the connectors to come loose, but it does happen. There is no history of defective connectors for HP dv7 notebooks that I have heard of.

Best regards,
erico

Help others seeking a solution by clicking on the "Accept As Solution" button if my suggestion resolves the issue you were having
****I am a volunteer, I don't work for HP****

Microsoft MVP - Microsoft Windows Expert - Consumer

Honor Student
snowmiller
Message 3 of 4 (1,296 Views)

thanks for your input.

I said connector, but perhaps it is the wiring harness.

Is there any history of display problems. I have the 17" screen.

This is definitely a intermittant hardware problem, not tied to software as best I can tell, move the screen it may have a problem, maybe not. My son takes the laptop, lays down on the sofa, puts it on his chest and the screen in likely to act up.

Thinking about returning it instead of messing with it. I'm within my 30 day return policy. Maybe get a smaller screen. If I was outside the return period I would think hard about buying a new LCD wiring harness and replacing the original.

Provost
erico
Message 4 of 4 (1,277 Views)

I would suspect a loose connector rather than faulty wires. Quality Assurance is never perfect. Contact HP or have the store replace it.

Best regards,
erico

Help others seeking a solution by clicking on the "Accept As Solution" button if my suggestion resolves the issue you were having
****I am a volunteer, I don't work for HP****

Microsoft MVP - Microsoft Windows Expert - Consumer

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation