Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
ac027tx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My hp ac027tx display got replaced by hp warranty as there was a dead pixel line at the bottom of the screen.

I don't know if I am getting bothered so much or if it is truely this way. I see pixels clearly, mainly in blue colour images.

It is 1366x7** display. I know it doesn't show perfect like 1080 display but I notice this everytime blue images comes on screen. The way pixels contributing the image. I don't know if Windows 10 has a role in this. In other words, lookin on a screen with a very low pixel density. It isnt noticable when viewing a video or playing games.

I have tried changing the resolution, updating all the drivers.

Is there a chance that the display hp gave me as a replacement on warranty  claim be a primitive or a low quality display?

Advise if this is normal.

Thanx in advance

Mithun

[edited]

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

Hi there @mithun_pnline,

Thank you for joining in on the HP Support Forums! I read your post and I understand that you have already had a screen replaced under warranty but are seeing pixels on your new screen also. 

Have you tried to update the Display Adapter driver's?

Have you uninstalled them and then reinstalled them in the Device Manager?

Please read this document. There is a section that may be a use to you called LCD panel quality

I would suggest trying the steps above. If none of those work, please try following the link to create yourself a case number. Please call our Technical Support Department to talk to them about the pixels on your screen and the replacement screen that you had received:

Step 1. Open link: www.hp.com/contacthp/

Step 2. Enter Product number or select to auto detect
Step 3. Scroll down to "Still need help? Complete the form to select your contact options"
Step 4. Scroll down and click on HP contact options - click on Get phone number

Case number and phone number appear.

They will be happy to assist you immediately! 

EmeraldAvenger
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the Thumbs Up on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

I updated the drivers but that doesn't resolve this issue.

I have calle dhp support but the representatives can only understand the issues what are taught to them. Even I am a technical support executive. That doesn't work.

they say to take a photograph and send. Nobody on earth can take a photograph for describing the pixel grid. The photographs never can catch the exact way human eyes do..it comes up with more patterns.

I researched and found that it must be a screen door effect but then again I never noticed this on the display which I had originally on the laptop. When hp replaces the screen for dead pixel is when I came to notice.

And the most interesting thing is that it is visible in blue clour and sometimes in light green and on no other colours.

I am thinking of trying this with windows 7.

Can someone let me know if hp possibly would have replaced my original display with a lower quality display when I gave it for display replacement because of dead pixel issue?

HP Recommended

Thank you for posting on the HP Support Forums. I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicaly post ( serial numbers and case details).

If you have already resolved your matters, please disregard this message. 

Thank you 
Duane_D
I work on behalf of HP. I am a Moderator on the HP Support Forums.
HP Recommended
Hi @mithun_pnline
How did your case end up? As i have the same issue you had. Waiting for your reply.
Thanks.
HP Recommended
The case didn't go well Peter. The executive came and said screen is normal. It took 2 hours for me to make him understand the issue. He was a from a service agency and had no idea about displays. Very very bad service from hp. He said he can try replacing the display again but this is the quality hp sends displays to them and this would persist, he said.
He said he need to close the case and this is the problem of hp displays. Low quality fancy toy displays. Hate hp for this. Not going to waste another penny on hp.
HP Recommended

yeah the same problem here... HP Pavilion 15 AU006TX Earlier the screen was better... but after i gave it for replacement... the screen looks different... the pixels are visible in blue screen... but i couldnt explain it... so did u got resolved about this problem? if yes could u pls share me...

Pragadheesh
Ethical Hacker | Vulnerability Assessment Analyst
HP Recommended

@pragadmms

Thank you for posting on the HP Support Forums. I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post ( serial numbers and case details).

HP Recommended

@pragadmms

Hei Pragad, No.
All hp replacement displays have this issue. This is known as screen door effect and that is because of the low pixel density.
If you are going to escalate the issue, let me tell you. You are wasting your time. Hp has service network in contract with agencies and what the agents know is so little about the details. They just can replace things, repair issues which they are trained for.
They can replace the display n numbet of times you raise the concern. But the display is going to be the same. Its local quality replacements.
I have moved on with the replacement they gave and bought an external monitor for detailed editing purposes.

HP Recommended

yeah bro u r right... They provide low cheap quality display and it happens only at HP.... i think i have to use this display further... anyways thankyou bro

Pragadheesh
Ethical Hacker | Vulnerability Assessment Analyst
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.