Question

Student
jwoodring7
Message 1 of 2 (825 Views)

Presario CQ60 Black(very dim) Screen at boot/Won't display on External Monitor

One of the executives I work for got this Compaq Presario CQ60 refurbished last year, and a few weeks ago the monitor is very dim at start up. I can faintly see the word 'Compaq' on the screen when it first turns on, but then the screen stays black after that.  When I connect an external VGA monitor, the monitor displays 'No Video Input'.

I've tried a hard reset, and I thought previously that it might need a new inverter, but since it won't work with an external monitor either I'm not sure what it is.  I can't try installing drivers or BIOS settings, because I can't access anything on the computer.  My guess is that the video card is not working. Any ideas???

Top Student
gypsz2
Message 2 of 2 (739 Views)

Re: Presario CQ60 Black(very dim) Screen at boot/Won't display on External Monitor

My laptop is doing the same. I did a hard reset, black screen, lights on power cord, white instead of orange on the power button, orange light / not blue on wifi button.  I have replaced the mother board 6 mos after I bought it.  It is now 2 years older.  Any clues?  Please help.

Gypsz2

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation