Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

i would be interrested to know, because for some reason there is a possible bios update for a few computers : http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c02948560

and in this thread a solution for win7 is presented: http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Display-and-Video/Solution-for-Getting-HP-Notebooks-with-the-R...

although it is not clear to me why you can install latest official drivers on win7 while on win8 you have to rely on completely outdated hp drivers?

so all we have to do is use win7?

HP Recommended

Did anyone solved a problem with graphic on hp probook 470?

None of listed solutions is working, I cant even play WoW or hearthstone, this are not very graphic demanding games. Laptop is overheating like crazy and even if i put all settings on maximize performance, its still use only intel graphic.

HP Recommended

after a long live discussion with HP support they told me its a bussines laptop and they dont have a solution.

my last hp notebook.

its already to much of crap.

HP Recommended

Possible fix for anyone with the a 8750m + intel combo ,try these drivers from HP:http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?sp4ts.oid=5405106&swItemId=ob_135988_1&swEnvOid=405...

Installtion Process:

Just instal those drivers over your orginal drivers provided by HP

Choose express installtion 🙂

Good Luck!

Hope it helped someone out there as definitely helped me

HP Recommended

Thanks bashargg,

Does it also work with OpenGL powered applications?

If anyone could test it?

The doors of wisdom are never shut. Benjamin Franklin
&
We must use time wisely and forever realize that the time is always ripe to do right. Nelson Mandela

HP Recommended

Hi, I got Photoshop CS6 and counter strike 1.6 to work with high performance mode (previously it was using Intel integrated), both have opengl option.

IF you have any programs you want me to test, please feel free to post them here, I have some free time.

HP Recommended
I agreed to you bashargg.. coz i have probook 470 with ati radeon switchable graphics and it is working p3rfectly.. call of duty mordren warfare2, left4dead2, IGI2 and CS global offenssive works smoothly..

Graphic driver: 8750m
HP Recommended

A couple things I might recommend:

1.) Use Display Driver Uninstaller(DDU for short; freeware) in safe mode before installing or reinstalling a display driver. I personally had this problem of my AMD gpu disappearing from device manager after selecting "fixed mode" in the BIOS. So I simply unistalled both drivers with DDU in safe mode then reinstalled...now was able to manually select GPU in CCC....also, select  maximize performance for both "on battery" and "plugged in" in your advanced power plan options in Windows..

2.) Have a look at leshcatlabs.com for their modified drivers which are made for notebooks that utilize intel / AMD switchable graphics...they have the latest catalyst versions(v15.4 most recent, tho BETA and v14.4 stable) where as the latest driver from HP(at least for my notebook) only released one display driver in 2012 on its release date, v8.0 😕

HP Recommended

Guys do You have any working combination of Intel and AMD drivers for Win8.1?

I would like to have an option to set High performance mode for web browsers and few otehr applications, but I can set it only for applications where it is not needed like MS Excel...

HP Recommended

Hello again :D.

Does anybody know why all graphics drivers disappear from official support page?? 😄

Does anybody know where are latest oem (HP) drivers for 8750M and HD4600?? 😄

Aaaaaand does anybody know something about driver posted by bashargg?? Link is dead.

Thanks a lot.

___________________________________________________________________________________
ProBook 470 G1: i5-4200M,iGPU:Intel HD4600,dGPU:Radeon 8750M,RAM:8GB DDR3,OS:Win7_Pro_x64
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.