Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hi.

Did anyone tested this possible solution?

HP Recommended

Welp, looks like ano456's effort is going to be fruitless after all...

HP Recommended

Nothing new?:smileyvery-happy:

___________________________________________________________________________________
ProBook 470 G1: i5-4200M,iGPU:Intel HD4600,dGPU:Radeon 8750M,RAM:8GB DDR3,OS:Win7_Pro_x64
HP Recommended

Hi guys.

Can somebody try this driver?

I don't have time for this.

Thx.

___________________________________________________________________________________
ProBook 470 G1: i5-4200M,iGPU:Intel HD4600,dGPU:Radeon 8750M,RAM:8GB DDR3,OS:Win7_Pro_x64
HP Recommended

Hey I know the solution to this problem..

I had the same problem few days ago.. The problem is not because you have a crappy laptop or  bad graphics card , It is because when hp manufactures a laptop they use their custom drivers for the graphics card and the intel hd graphics integrated in your CPU or atleast wont let you install the default drivers from the amd or intel website.. if you do so the games wont recogonize the graphics card..

To solve the problem..

1 Download the Cleanup utility from the amd website

http://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-articles/Pages/AMD-Clean-Uninstall-Utility.aspx

Download the amd driver

2 Run the utility so as to clean all your previous drivers..

3 Restart the computer ... Now you computer must be running only on Intel 4600 Hd gpu.

4 Go to the Intel`s website and download these drivers

http://downloadmirror.intel.com/23714/a08/win64_153318.exe

5 Try to install them directly, If they install they are good to go. Go to step no. 9

6 If they do not install download this .zip.. It is the same drivers but in developer version..

http://downloadmirror.intel.com/23714/a08/win64_153318.zip

7 extract them to your desktop.

8 Open your device manager and select the following

Display adapters

intel hd 4600 (right-click)

properties

driver (2nd tab )

update driver

Browse my computer for driver software

let me pick from a list of drivers on my computer

have disk

browse

Go to the extracted folder - graphics - select the file name starting with IG.. (there will only be one) which is the setup information file

select that

and proceed in the installation

after installation restart

go to your downloads and select the first downloaded intel hd 4600  .exe driver file and run it

after completion restart

9 now install the amd driver provided in the first link

it should install fine

if any error pops up click ignore or neglect it

10 restart your computer

11 now check in the device manager you should have 2 Gpus showing

12 now assign high performance in the 3d application settings and you are good to go

13 you can monitor whether the application is using amd gpu by turning on the #d monitoring service in your catalyst control centre

14 neglect if your games or Benchmarks do not show Amd Card ....that is because of the crappy Amd drivers... Trust me it is working.

15  Kudos if it helped

Worked for me

ENVY 14

Windows 8 (64 bit)

HD 8750M

Intel HD4000M

4Gigs of ram

i5 3337U

If everything worked you should see the fps figures like theese when run on 1280x720 and medium Settings in general

Crysis 35 fps

GTA 4 42 fps (Doesnt show)( TIP: Change your camera mode to the farthest and your view to minimum )

Skyrim way above 60 Fps ( game limits it to 60)(Doesnt show)

COD MW3 SP ( 60+ fps)

COD MW3 MP ( 60 Fps) (MP limits it to 60)

NFS MW 2013 ( 42 fps ) (with some tweaks)

Cricket 2009 (Waay above 60 fps)

Feed the beast / Minecraft ( 80-120 fps )

Assassins creed 4 Black flag ( 35-40 Fps ) ( My favorite one though )

Dead island Riptide ( 60-70 fps ) (sometimes the game messes up the fps but mostly 55-60 )

The walking Dead ( it runs at 40 fps with intel hd graphics soo ... yeah  ) ( love the game though )

NFS MW 2005 ( 60 + fps at all times even in multiplayer )

YOUR FPS MAY VARY BECAUSE OF RAM AND OPERATING SYSTEM

HP Recommended

Hey I know the solution to this problem..

I had the same problem few days ago.. The problem is not because you have a crappy laptop or  bad graphics card , It is because when hp manufactures a laptop they use their custom drivers for the graphics card and the intel hd graphics integrated in your CPU or atleast wont let you install the default drivers from the amd or intel website.. if you do so the games wont recogonize the graphics card..

To solve the problem..

1 Download the Cleanup utility from the amd website

http://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-articles/Pages/AMD-Clean-Uninstall-Utility.aspx

Download the amd driver

2 Run the utility so as to clean all your previous drivers..

3 Restart the computer ... Now you computer must be running only on Intel 4600 Hd gpu.

4 Go to the Intel`s website and download these drivers

http://downloadmirror.intel.com/23714/a08/win64_153318.exe

5 Try to install them directly, If they install they are good to go. Go to step no. 9

6 If they do not install download this .zip.. It is the same drivers but in developer version..

http://downloadmirror.intel.com/23714/a08/win64_153318.zip

7 extract them to your desktop.

8 Open your device manager and select the following

Display adapters

intel hd 4600 (right-click)

properties

driver (2nd tab )

update driver

Browse my computer for driver software

let me pick from a list of drivers on my computer

have disk

browse

Go to the extracted folder - graphics - select the file name starting with IG.. (there will only be one) which is the setup information file

select that

and proceed in the installation

after installation restart

go to your downloads and select the first downloaded intel hd 4600  .exe driver file and run it

after completion restart

9 now install the amd driver provided in the first link

it should install fine

if any error pops up click ignore or neglect it

10 restart your computer

11 now check in the device manager you should have 2 Gpus showing

12 now assign high performance in the 3d application settings and you are good to go

13 you can monitor whether the application is using amd gpu by turning on the #d monitoring service in your catalyst control centre

14 neglect if your games or Benchmarks do not show Amd Card ....that is because of the crappy Amd drivers... Trust me it is working.

15  Kudos if it helped

Worked for me

ENVY 4 - 1203 tx 

Windows 8 (64 bit)

HD 8750M

Intel HD4000M

4Gigs of ram

i5 3337U

If everything worked you should see the fps figures like theese when run on 1280x720 and medium Settings in general

Crysis 35 fps

GTA 4 42 fps (Doesnt show)( TIP: Change your camera mode to the farthest and your view to minimum )

Skyrim way above 60 Fps ( game limits it to 60)(Doesnt show)

COD MW3 SP ( 60+ fps)

COD MW3 MP ( 60 Fps) (MP limits it to 60)

NFS MW 2013 ( 42 fps ) (with some tweaks)

Cricket 2009 (Waay above 60 fps)

Feed the beast / Minecraft ( 80-120 fps )

Assassins creed 4 Black flag ( 35-40 Fps ) ( My favorite one though )

Dead island Riptide ( 60-70 fps ) (sometimes the game messes up the fps but mostly 55-60 )

The walking Dead ( it runs at 40 fps with intel hd graphics soo ... yeah  ) ( love the game though )

NFS MW 2005 ( 60 + fps at all times even in multiplayer )

YOUR FPS MAY VARY BECAUSE OF RAM AND OPERATING SYSTEM

HP Recommended

If anyone has te possibility to test this solution it would be nice. 

This becouse I want to see a solution for this laptop series.

If this is not working I'll have to send some messages to HP people again. 

Winos.

The doors of wisdom are never shut. Benjamin Franklin
&
We must use time wisely and forever realize that the time is always ripe to do right. Nelson Mandela

HP Recommended

We are still waiting!!

6 months.omg

Bastards!!

HP Recommended

well, there is a new bios for the probook 470 go, but still no solution to this problem.

any news in this direction?

HP Recommended

Good evening everyone reading,

I have to tell you very bad news.

I have contacted some people from HP and they did not have any solution.

I can assure you that they should know your problems by now.

Sorry for keep you all waiting so long but I had to give them time to answer.

I should mention that I did not have contact with people who are actually developing the drivers/bios versions.

It can be that if we send enough mails to HP that eventually they will take action to solve this problem but do not count on any solution soon. First of all it is very hard to find a pernament solution.

Please know that I speak for myself and not for HP.

This answer is based on my own experience.

In short, I personally would be suprised if they come with an update.

If anyone have questions, feel free to ask them.

Winos.

The doors of wisdom are never shut. Benjamin Franklin
&
We must use time wisely and forever realize that the time is always ripe to do right. Nelson Mandela

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.