Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

We found that the Radeon graphics driver has a list of programs that use this card. We can add programs to the list and will test this a.s.a.p.. We'll let you know!

Of course, a BIOS option to choose the Radeon as default graphics would be better.

HP Recommended

Hi Winos!

NO,we haven't that option.

And my question is,

Is anyone from HP working on bios update with fixed mode??

___________________________________________________________________________________
ProBook 470 G1: i5-4200M,iGPU:Intel HD4600,dGPU:Radeon 8750M,RAM:8GB DDR3,OS:Win7_Pro_x64
HP Recommended

As far as i know they are working on an update.

However i don't know when this one is finished as i said before.

The doors of wisdom are never shut. Benjamin Franklin
&
We must use time wisely and forever realize that the time is always ripe to do right. Nelson Mandela

HP Recommended

Thx for the iNFO.

But why for god's sake HP cannot give us any statement that they are or they are not working on it?

\\Z800 you have a message

___________________________________________________________________________________
ProBook 470 G1: i5-4200M,iGPU:Intel HD4600,dGPU:Radeon 8750M,RAM:8GB DDR3,OS:Win7_Pro_x64
HP Recommended

I wish i knew

The doors of wisdom are never shut. Benjamin Franklin
&
We must use time wisely and forever realize that the time is always ripe to do right. Nelson Mandela

HP Recommended

The Catalyst Control Center software that comes with the Radeon (we got version v2013.0802.345.4821( allows adding programs to a list of programs that will use the Radeon card.

For each program you add you can then select the graphic performance you want. This could be a workaround to get the Radeon card working.

We cannot determine if the software is actually using the right grahpics, since we don't have the actual CAD software our customer uses. It looks weird to swicht graphics in the Catalyst software. Has anyone else experience with this way of switching graphics?

HP Recommended

Z800 you mean .blb file that contains list of added games in catalyst.but this is not working.i have tried lot of possible solutions but nothing helps

part of my .blb file.as you can see F1 2012 is set to use high performance GPU:

<customisations Format="1" Release="">
    <applications>
        <application Title="F1 2012+{path=D:\games\F1 2012\F1 2012}" File="F1_2012.exe">
            <use Area="PXDynamic">HighPerfGPUAffinity</use>
        </application>
    </applications>
</customisations>

but as you can see from benchmark output file it is not working:

<graphics_card name="Intel_0x0416" vendorId="0x8086" deviceId="0x0416"...

HP Recommended

Indeed, the Radeon Catalyst software option does NOT work. Our 3D testing software was added and still the Intel 4600 chip had to do all the work.

So again it's up to HP to come with a proper (BIOS) solution to get this fixed (literally)!

HP Recommended

So,finally bios update!!

I hope,that fixed mode is enabled!!

HP Recommended

BIOS update? Does it work? Does it change anything?

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.