Question

Student
rladair
Message 1 of 2 (474 Views)

Random black screen on HP Pavilion DV 7 1245dx

Hi, I have a 14 month old HP Pavilion DV7 1245dx laptop and the past few months sometimes my screen just goes black at random moments.  It may go for days without happening, or happen twice in an afternoon. 

The computer is still running when this happens, once I was listening to a song and it continued playing just fine.  However I cannot see anything and have to push and hold the power button to turn the computer off.  I have tried leaving it alone for over half an hour to see if display would return on its own but no luck.  Anybody else had this problem or know what to do about it? Any idea how much it costs to fix this if taken to Best Buy or somewhere?

Thank you!

Professor
Pankay
Message 2 of 2 (464 Views)

Re: Random black screen on HP Pavilion DV 7 1245dx

is it getting overheated??

run memory and hard drive test from BIOS

press F10 during startup to go to BIOS and then go to diagnostics menu to run the test...

||-Although I am working on behalf of HP, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.-||
//Click on Kudos if my reply was helpful and answered your question//

||-If my answer solved the problem please mark the topic as the accepted solution-||
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation