Question

Student
Maz19
Message 1 of 2 (1,253 Views)

Screen Flickering Problem when lid is moved (HP 4540s)

Hello,

I am using a HP 4540s Probook and it worked just fine. But from 2 days ago i am noticing that the screen flickers when i move the lid of the laptop. Display is totally Fine in certain positions but when i close the or move the lid, White horizontal lines appear on the screen.

This certainly is the problem with harware so i wanted to ask that what is causing this to happen, loose / worn out cables or is it a problem with the LCD ?

And secondly will this problem intensify if I keep on using the laptop without any repairs or it will stay the same way a it is ?

Please answers my questions as it will be a lot of help to me 

Thanx.

Distinguished Professor
RedRose0528
Message 2 of 2 (1,223 Views)

Re: Screen Flickering Problem when lid is moved (HP 4540s)

Hello Maz19,

You are stating when you are adjusting the lid you get white horizontal lines on the screen, is that correct? I will be happy to help you.

It does indeed sound like a loose or worn out cable, possibly a bad inverter as well. You also can’t rule out the LCD is bad.

Depending on the source of the problem you will have a better idea of how bad the issue will get over a period of time.

If you are still covered by warranty I recommend you contact the HP help desk for commercial computers to possibly set up a repair. If you reside in the US or Canada the number is 1-800-334-5144, if you reside in another country click on this link and select your location look under the section HP and Compaq products for business use and the number will be provided.

Please respond back at your earliest convenience.

Thanks

Clicking the White Kudos star on the left is a way to say Thanks!

Clicking the 'Accept as Solution' button is a way to let others know which steps helped solve the problem!
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation