Question

Honor Student
dpaddleman
Message 1 of 5 (35,140 Views)

Screen Shot

I can't figure out how to do a "screen shot".  I have an HP G60t-500 laptop.  There is a key with "home" on top and "prt sc" inside a box below.  What is the right sequence of keys to get a copy of the screen into the clipboard?  "Help" did not help me.  Tech Support didn't know either.  Thanks.

Top Student
chadwickma
Message 2 of 5 (35,121 Views)

Re: Screen Shot

Anytime you see the 'white box' around the text that means you mus use the 'fn' key in combination with that function.  So, to print screen you would press 'fn + prt sc' to get the entire screen or your can press ''Alt + fn + prt sc' to get just the active window.

Honor Student
dpaddleman
Message 3 of 5 (35,107 Views)

Thanks for the help.  I got the "screen shot" into the clipboard and then "pasted" into Paint.  However, the next problem is that the mouse cursor (large arrow) does not appear on the "screen shot".  Know anything about why the cursor does not appear?  Know how to get the cursor to appear on the "screen shot"?  I happen to have a Tech Support issue where I need to document both the location of the cursor and the appearance of the Task Bar together.  Thanks. 

Top Student
chadwickma
Message 4 of 5 (35,097 Views)

The Windows print screen function wont capture the cursor or mouse pointer.  Best bet is to mark it up in Paint or another graphics program.

Provost
Daniel_Potyrala
Message 5 of 5 (35,026 Views)

[ Edited ]

@dpaddleman

Hi,

You may be interested with first part of below guide:

How to take and post a screenshot on HP costumer Support Forum

** Say thanks by clicking the "Thumb up" icon which is on the left. **

** Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue. **
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation