02-03-2013 10:44 AM - edited 02-03-2013 10:46 AM
Hi. My problem:
When I resume my PC back from Sleeping I find that the brightness function is not working... or it is.
F2 and F3 keys are disabled and when going to Power Options the Screen brightness control isn't there. The actual screen brightness may appear at 70 or 75%, which makes it hard for me to bring my notebook outside, as I need full brightness. This happens sometimes, and sometimes not, so I never know and I haven't seen a pattern yet to figure out why. However, I recently updated the display/graphic card drivers, and I think the problem resides there. The problem is fixed after restarting the system.
- Product name: HP G42-287LA Notebook PC
- Processor: AMD Athlon II P340 Dual-Core
- RAM: 3GB
- SO: Windows 7 Ultimate (x64-bit)
- Graphic device: ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4200 Series
- Driver Packaging Version: 18.104.22.168-121116a-151639C-ATI
- Catalyst Version: 13.1
- Provider: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.
- 2D Driver Version: 8.01.01.1248
- Direct3D Version: 7.14.10.0911
- OpenGL Version: 22.214.171.12472
- AMD VISION Engine Control Center Version: 2012.1116.1515.27190
Some more (important) info:
- I downloaded the new drivers directly from the AMD Catalyst page.
- As I noted above, after a PC restarting the screen brightness returns to its normal level (usually 100%), but when putting it to sleep and resuming it later the problem is there (sometimes).
- I wouldn't like to get back to my previous graphic card drivers, as the new ones support some features I was looking for and I'm rather than fine with them.
- I'm including a picture of the Screen brightness control not showing up. Clic.
Hope that's enough information. Thanks in advance.
02-11-2013 05:19 AM
I tried reinstallling the drivers, but it still doesn't work properly. The brightness is lowed down when I resume my PC from Sleep mode. Is there any registry entry for this? Any Windows service?
I'm quite disappointed with the HP support so far. I thought giving full deatils on my problem would make it easier to see the cause.
Please, I need your help.
02-25-2013 07:25 PM
So I finally managed to fix this. It was actually really simple, but kinda tricky.
I'm sure my problem is rather than weird, so I'm not going to put how I solved it. Besides, nobody from the HP community was able to at least say hi.
Never again another HP product.
(And yes, I only logged in to reply with this.)
11-22-2013 10:14 PM