Question

Honor Student
charlieb
Message 1 of 3 (10,674 Views)

Simultaneous display on laptop and projector

I have a new HP HDX18 which I purchased specifically for use with a separate projector for use in making PowerPoint presentations for small groups. My problem is that I cannot display my powerpoint image on the projector and the laptop at the same time. I can get one or the other, but not both. I have been doing this for years with other HP Laptops, but this one stumps me. Anyone out there have any suggestions?
Intern
Leo5311
Message 2 of 3 (10,660 Views)

Re: Simultaneous display on laptop and projector

Hi!

Use Presentation/Mirrored display mode. To use both screen use fn + F4 repeatedly. 

Honor Student
charlieb
Message 3 of 3 (10,636 Views)

Re: Simultaneous display on laptop and projector

Thanks a heap for responding to my inquiry. I have been trying for weeks to accomplish my goals and included the guide that you referenced, but that would not work because the computer could not recognize the attached projector.. Yesterday, while trying for the umpteenth time, I thought I'd do some checking on my Video display thru the NVIDIA control panel (which I never realized was installed on my computer.) There I found that all I had to do was line up the proper display order for external display item (which has to be connected to the computer in order to be identified) and voila! I have the two displays I need.

Again, thanks for being thoughtful enough to answer my response. Sometimes you get so frustrated and all you need is a calm head to settle you down. Thanks for the calm head.

Charlie B

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation