Question

Tutor
aerow15
Message 1 of 5 (3,038 Views)

Small white dot on my screen

Recently i noticed that there is a white dot on my screen (located just above the start up menu) does this means that my laptop screen is waering out?should i get it repaired,will HP replace my LCD?My laptop is still under warrenty as i bought it in Dec 09.This white dot is really worring me.

Honor Student
MDmarcotte
Message 2 of 5 (3,026 Views)

Re: Small white dot on my screen

HP stands behind all its products could you please sstate the model and  product number of your computer and the size of the dot? Have you tried cleaning the screen and if so do you notice if its a chip in the screen, a scratch or pixellation? If its pixellation how big is the affected area? There are specific policies on screen defects and what is allowable or not to replace. Please give more information.

front line agent for HP
Tutor
aerow15
Message 3 of 5 (3,008 Views)

[ Edited ]

My pc is DV6-2005 AX and serial is [text removed for privacy]. At first i thought it was some dirt and tried cleaning it but i found out that it was not and the size of the effected area is  *<-- this big and my screen also sometimes dims for a nano sec (i've posted about this earlier) and i thought is it because of this?

Regents Professor
Kalt
Message 4 of 5 (3,003 Views)

aerow15 wrote:

My pc is DV6-2005 AX and serial is [text removed for privacy]. At first i thought it was some dirt and tried cleaning it but i found out that it was not and the size of the effected area is  *<-- this big and my screen also sometimes dims for a nano sec (i've posted about this earlier) and i thought is it because of this?

It sounds like a dead/stuck pixel.  If it's just one, it won't be replaced....several pixels have to go out  to get a replacement.

Master's Graduate
Comptronic
Message 5 of 5 (2,988 Views)

I also have only one.  Depending how you look at it, it could either be white or black dot.  It actually looks like my monitor has a little splinter. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation