Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hi evryone 

i hve hp laptop  :  

HP Pavilion 15-n240tx :

intel core i 7 4500 u

RAM 8 GB

HDD 1 TB

NDIDIA GeForce GT 740 m

i use Windows 8.1 64 bit 

when i install Last Drivers on my laptop and use 10 min laptop 

i recives this error :

The Driver Power State Failure Blue Screen

and system down 

i Tired to change windows and install again it and drivers

i tested all af version of VGA DRIVER on HP suport website

i Know this problem Related to VGA Driver but i cant solve it

i dont have this problem on win 7 or ubuntu - this problem just in win 8.1

PLZ Help me 

tnx

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

any one cant help me ?

😐

HP Recommended

Hi @pe_ahmadi 

Thank you for your query, I will try my best to be of assistance.

I grasp that you tried to update your notebook to Windows 8.1 and when the last driver was being installed you got a blue screen with " Driver Power State Failure" and it shut down.

You retried to update but got the same result.

When I look at the specifications for your notebook I see it came with Ubuntu.  HP Pavilion 15-n240tx Notebook PC support

You stated you tried to change Windows.  What version of Windows are you currently running?

Have you done all your updates including the bios  before attempting  to update to Windows 8.1?

When you attempt it, please remove any external devices such as USB  drives, hubs or sticks that are not necessary before attempting it.

Here is a link to the recommended drivers for your system.  HP Pavilion 15-n240tx Notebook PC Drivers

I hope this has been helpful!

Sparkles1

HP Recommended

hi , tanx to ansver me 

i now use win 7 ultimate x 64

and i have no problem with it. and ubunto too.

i want use win 8.1 i love it . but cant !

yes i update bios to last version and i tested evry thing u say

but it not solved !

when i testet evry thing and problem not silved i come hear and post my problem  , maby solve it and help me 

in win 8.1 drivers install completly , when i use my system , after 10 ~ 20 min use , its blue screen  and shotdown

HP Recommended

Hi @pe_ahmadi 

I understand that when you install Windows 8.1 you get a blue screen but it works fine with Windows 7 and Ubuntu.

Here is a link to  Computer Locks Up or Freezes (Windows 😎.

Have you ran the HP Support Assistant  to try and resolve this?

Have you tried Using automated troubleshooting (Windows8) to assist with this difficulty.

If the issue remains, I suggest contacting HP support for further assistance.

Please call our technical support at 800 474 6836. If you live outside the US/Canada Region, please click the link below to get a support number for your region.

World Wide Phone Support

Good Luck!

Sparkles1

HP Recommended

its not fix and its to bad and shame for HP com , they cant guide me for fix this problem, its mean they dont know how to fix this error !

i serch so many sites and froms, but eny one cant solve this problem

im so sorry for HP 😐

however tnx for trying help me

bye

HP Recommended

Hello to all

i have this problem for 6 months and eny one cant help me or solve this .

so i have testet evry thing i know ! 
I finally found the solution to my problem on my laptop .

After the installation of Windows. You must first install the chipset drivers. Restart the computer.
Then the sound card driver. Restart the computer.
In the third step, you must install the driver for integrated graphics.
  Restart the computer
And finally install an external graphics card driver and restart the computer.
then instal other drivers (nic - rst,bluethos , card reader,........)

In fact, this problem occurs when the drivers are not installed inthis  following steps:

1. Chipset driver(Intel(R) Chipset Device Software
* Release: Production version
* Version: 9.4.0)
2. Sound Card Drivers(realtek high definition audio driver ver 6.0.1 x 64)
3. Internal graphics card drivers.(VIDIntel Driver Version: 15.31.15.64.3224)
4. External Graphics Card Drivers(nvidia Graphic driver ver311.70)
5.other drivers
I've done the steps above and the problem was solved
🙂
This procedure was tested on 64-bit Windows 8.1

Because of this problem, there is no accurate and complete guidance  on te web . you tube or HP web site 
I decided.  I write to those who have this problem with HP laptops are able to make use of it.
I do not know English well. I wrote this text with Google Trnsate for yours.
🙂
Good luck.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.