Question

Top Student
cdroyer
Message 1 of 4 (1,457 Views)

The Sims 3 will not work on my Pavilion dv6 laptop

I mean I have the ATI HD 5000 series graphics card but it won't let me update from their website and says i have to update from HP (since i have dual graphics card)

I was wondering if HP knew of a fix

Top Student
cdroyer
Message 2 of 4 (1,425 Views)

Re: The Sims 3 will not work on my Pavilion dv6 laptop

bump

Top Student
cdroyer
Message 3 of 4 (1,383 Views)

still doesn't work, and I love how the bad Intel graphics card actually works with the Sims 3, and not the ATI one i paid extra for on this laptop. I also love how I cannot get updates from ATI thanks to HP deciding to use two graphics card on their laptops so I can't get support..

Seriously who designs their laptops >__> this is unacceptable. The Sims 3 is a huge game, my 4 year old laptop can run it, but not the new one?

Student
inesmilano
Message 4 of 4 (1,346 Views)

Hi,

I'm having the same problem, also with a HP Pavilion dv6, except mine is already with ATI.

The thing is, I bought it especially to play Sims 3 (I'm no rich, but I got so hooked on Sims 2 on my old laptop), I decided to upgrade to 3 but my Dell was too old (from 2006).

>> You know what, he actually ran Sims 2 with 11 EP & Kits less slower than my Pavilion dv6-3030sb!!!!!!!

I'm PISSED!!!!

The thing is, I just want to know what's wrong with my laptop???? He met the requirements set up by EA, so where is the problem???

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation