Question

Honor Student
grommo
Message 1 of 5 (1,639 Views)
Accepted Solution

The screen on my HP pavilion gets all grainy and psychedelic looking.Is this software or hardware

the computer is a pavilion dv7

Distinguished Professor
Danjen
Message 2 of 5 (1,626 Views)

Re: The screen on my HP pavilion gets all grainy and psychedelic looking.Is this software or hardwar

Please attach an external monitor to your system and let us know if the picture is normal on the external monitor.

Reminder: Please select the "Accept as Solution" button on the post that best answers your question. Also, you may click on the white star in the "Kudos" button for any helpful post to give that person a quick thanks. These feedback tools help keep our community active, so you receive better answers faster.

Honor Student
grommo
Message 3 of 5 (1,604 Views)

Re: The screen on my HP pavilion gets all grainy and psychedelic looking.Is this software or hardwar

the picture is normal with the external monitor

Distinguished Professor
Danjen
Message 4 of 5 (1,595 Views)

Then we know it is from the connector on the mother board back to the screen. It could be the cable was crushed or pinched but moving the screen back and fourth usually changes the display if that is the problem (the exception is if one wire is complete severed).  The power inverter usually just darkens the screen when it fails. So that leaves us with the screen probably being bad.  Try laptopscreens.com .  They have videos on how to replace screens and I believe they offer an install service.  If your laptop is still under warrantee, contact HP customer support and try to get a replacement or repair order.

Reminder: Please select the "Accept as Solution" button on the post that best answers your question. Also, you may click on the white star in the "Kudos" button for any helpful post to give that person a quick thanks. These feedback tools help keep our community active, so you receive better answers faster.

Student
admin2011
Message 5 of 5 (743 Views)

I brought my laptop to day its only 4 hrs old I did what was suggested here AND IT WORKED should I take it back to where I brought it - it keeps doing it between screens but if I move the monitor on the lap top it corrects itself to a nice crisp screen if I have to take it back I will not be impressed
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation