Question

Student
jonas_555333
Message 1 of 1 (3,191 Views)

Update graphics drivers HP ProBook 6560b

[ Edited ]

Hi,

I recently bought a HP ProBook 6560b, and I would now like to know how to update the graphics drivers on this computer. I have the ATI Radeon HD 6470M graphics card, and I got the latest drivers from HP support site. However, when playing Portal 2 I get some strange graphic artificats, so I figured the first step would be to ensure I had up to date graphics drivers.

So I went to ati.com to download the most recent driver. Under "Download drivers" I picked Radeon HD 6xxxM series, which would fit my Radeon HD 6470M card. However, when I run the installer for ATI Catalyst Software Suite it tells me I don't have any supported hardware, and the installation fails.

Why is this? I read somewhere that the graphics card in my ProBook is a HP version of the same graphics card, and HP should supply the updates. But they are (naturally) not as quick as ATI, and I really hope there is a way to bypass this and install the drivers from ATI directly.

Anyone know anything about this?

Thanks in advance!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation