Question

Tutor
lapdogg31
Message 1 of 5 (236 Views)

VIDEO

[ Edited ]

DOES NO ONE HAVE AN ANSWER FOR THIS OR IS THERE MORE INFO NEEDED? IF THIS HAS BEEN ANSWERED BEFORE THEN COULD SOMEONE PROVIDE ME WITH THE INFO PLEASE, THANK YOU.

I have a HP Pavilion dv6 and can't watch or play video's, I can download them, but all I get is sound. When I click to play or if the video starts automatically there is no picture, just sound and I can't figure out why? I am using WIndows 7, 64-bit, this is my wife's computer and she said she's had this problem for a long time and I've tried troubleshooting and everything else I know to do but have gotten no results.

Intern
Naidnap_R
Message 2 of 5 (218 Views)

Re: VIDEO

Hi Lap,

The issue you are facing with your wife's computer seems to be Codecs that are required for the video to play.

you may want to try downloading the   http://www.videolan.org/vlc/

Its called the VLC Media player. try it that should play all videos just fine.

VLC is an open source program used world wide you dont have to pay anything for this player.

Thanks

If you feel that the above steps help you to resolve the issue click on Kudos.

I work for HP
Tutor
lapdogg31
Message 3 of 5 (204 Views)

Pandi,

Actually that did not fix her problem, when she tries to watch video's that other people have posted(Facebook, Youtube,etc.) is the problem, all she gets is the sound. I have noticed that while the video is playing and you scroll up & down repeatedly then you can catch glimpses of the video that is playing.

Also I'm not sure how this may tie into it, but when she goes to email someone from her email and clicks to add an attachment, everything that is in the same area as the attachment are disappears. It will not open anything for her to attach a file or anything else she may be trying to attach? Not sure if this is the same problemed area or something else entirely different.

Thanks for you trying to help,

Intern
Naidnap_R
Message 4 of 5 (184 Views)

Hi Lap,

Well if  there is an issue playing Video on Facebook. Youtube, they both use the flash player to play videos.

which is just an add-on, where in in the  back ground the video driver is involved in playing the video.

if you are still having trouble playing videos. try to reset the internet explorer.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/923737

use the above link to Reset Internet explorer (you may also use the fix it)

Try updating the Adobe flash player from www.adobe.com which should take care of the video

play back.

If you are having issues with the attachment first try to see where is the file located that you are trying to attach and then try to attach it make sure the file is not the shortcut.

Thanks if you still need assistance please reply..

I work for HP
Tutor
lapdogg31
Message 5 of 5 (165 Views)

This is not working, I have downloaded the latest version of Flashplayer numerous times, but everytime I goto watch a video it tells me to install the latest version of Flashplayer. I have disable all security options and have checked to make sure the latest version was installed and it shows that it is, but I still can't watch a video?? Everything checks and shows that it is installed correctly and the current version is being use.......still no video?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation