Vertical lines in monitor (542 Views)
Honor Student
sarahz101
Message 1 of 1 (542 Views)

Vertical lines in monitor

[ Edited ]

Does anyone know how to fix the vertical lines in the monitor?  The first vertical line appeared in my HP Pavilion laptop around one year ago. Since then, a new one has appeared every few weeks.  A new line just appeared that is over an inch thick, making my otherwise perfectly good laptap impossible to use.

I can see that various web sites sell new monitors on-line, but I have never changed one so I'm not sure if this is difficult to do.  Has anyone changed them out before?  Any advice?

I see that HP had a recal on a lot of laptops that had this problem, but unfortuanately mine didn't qualify for the recal even though it has the same problem.  It is obviously a manufacturers defect.  HP customer service told me to call Nvidia. However, when I called Nvidia, they told me that HP actually was the manufacturer. 

By the way, I know lots of people have had my same problem based on blogs I've read.  Nvidia told me to check this webise: nvidiasettlement.com  This will tell you if your laptop qualifies. Unfortuanately mine did not.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation