Question

Honor Student
knoxfan
Message 1 of 3 (1,512 Views)

Video Card Help - Compaq 6715b

[ Edited ]

I need serious help with upgrading my PC Video Card. I don't know where I can download the software I need for free. Can someone please help me?

I just purchased a new video game (Spider-Man: Web of Shadows) and every time I try to open it (it's already installed) the computer is telling me that "this game does not support your video card. Please refer to the games minimum system requirements."

Here is what the game cover says it requires: 512MB NVIDIA GeForce  ;  7900GTX/512MB ATI Radeon  ;  Shader 3.0 or better  ;  X1900XTX or better. The semi-colons seperate the different devices this game is supposedly compatible with. Can someone please supply me with links?

Here are my specs:

Model Type: HP Compaq 6715b

Operating System: Windows XP Professional

Service Pack: 3

Total Hard Disk Space Capacity: 75GB

Random Access Memory (RAM): 1.9GB

Video Card Type: I believe it's NVidia, but I could be wrong

Audio Card Type: Unknown (Not an issue)

Thank you to whoever can help me.

Message Edited by knoxfan on 10-19-2009 03:19 PM
Distinguished Professor
Rakhmad
Message 2 of 3 (1,489 Views)

Re: Video Card Help - Compaq 6715b

Nope, as the warning says "this game does not support your video card."

Your notebook is a business notebook that do not meant for gaming, if you wish to play game you may try it in a desktop PC or notebook with dedicated GPU.

______

Pavilion DV2922TX, XP-SP3 32bit, Intel T5750 2.0Ghz, Nvidia Geforce 8400M GS with 128MB, 4GB 667 DDR2, 250GB HDD
Honor Student
knoxfan
Message 3 of 3 (1,476 Views)

Re: Video Card Help - Compaq 6715b

So, there's absolutely nothing I can do to play it on my computer? Is it possible to purchase the right card and then physically install it onto my PC? If that is a possobility, where can I find one?
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation