Question

Top Student
karmajuney
Message 1 of 3 (571 Views)

Webcam not working. HP Pavilion dv7-6135dx

Thanks 

About a month ago i got the HP Pavilion dv7-6135dx Entertainment pc and everything was working. Suddenly the microphone and the Webcam are not working. They are not phisicaly damaged and when i go to Control Panel > Device manager

"Imaging Devices" is there however im getting an error that says "This device cannot start. (Code 10)". I have scanned for update changes and restored my computer as far back as it can go and it still is not working. Is there a driver i can download to fix it or anything i can do?

Professor
Charles001
Message 2 of 3 (568 Views)

Re: Webcam not working. HP Pavilion dv7-6135dx

try uninstall from the device manager, and download and install the driver software again.

======================================================================================
* I am an HP employee. *

** Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue. **

***Click on White “Kudos” STAR to say thanks!***
Top Student
karmajuney
Message 3 of 3 (567 Views)

Re: Webcam not working. HP Pavilion dv7-6135dx

ok can i have a link to the right driver by any chance? i have a 64 bit HP Pavilion dv7-6135dx

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation