Question

Top Student
UnknownSearcher
Message 1 of 6 (1,178 Views)

Webcam not working properly

Hey there,
i have a HP Pavilion DV7-4060us Entertainment notebook PC, product number wq859ua with Windows 7 64 bit. 

I came across an issue with my HP Mediasmart Webcam. It is blurry and choppy for no reason. It was crystal clear when I first got this laptop. When using Skype the image is crystal clear again. However, if I use the HP Mediasmart Webcam, the pictures and videos come out very blurry. The Mediasmart is the only way I can really take pictures and or videos so this is a huge inconvience. I've been searching online, I've updated, uninstalled, reinstalled, disabled the driver, uninstalled the driver, updated almost all the drivers I could. The webcam seems to have a problem with JUST HP Mediasmart Webcam. I've also played with all the settings to try to fix this, and set them to the default after and nothing happened, still blurry. Please help. Thank you.

I hope this is the right section.

Provost
Daniel_Potyrala
Message 2 of 6 (1,150 Views)

Re: Webcam not working properly

Hi,

Uninstall current version of MediaSmart Webcam.

Resource:
Uninstalling Software in Windows 7

Uninstall or change a program in Windows 7

Download and install latest version: MediaSmart Webcam here (version 4.2.3303  for 32/64 bit Win7).

Restart notebook and check the results.

** Say thanks by clicking the "Thumb up" icon which is on the left. **

** Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue. **
Top Student
UnknownSearcher
Message 3 of 6 (1,144 Views)

Hi there,

Thank you for your response but I've already tried that as stated above in my opening statement. I even tried it your way just in case, however it didn't change anything. I was already at the most current version.

Top Student
UnknownSearcher
Message 4 of 6 (1,138 Views)

I actually wound up fixing it myself! Sorry if I wasted any time!

Provost
Daniel_Potyrala
Message 5 of 6 (1,137 Views)

You should write how you solved this problem. This may help other user with the same issue.

** Say thanks by clicking the "Thumb up" icon which is on the left. **

** Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue. **
Student
angelenanieves
Message 6 of 6 (911 Views)

hi , when i got this laptop the web cam was  clear but now for some reason it is blurry / fuzzy. what can i do to get it fixed? i would really appreciate it .

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation