Question

Honor Student
Hiremath
Message 1 of 7 (771 Views)

Webcam not working.

Hi, my Hp Envy 6 notebook (sleekbook) pc's webcam is not working. It kept saying my Cyberlink Youcam version 3.5... has problem and stopped working. I tried repairing it by finding updates, but no success.  So, I unistalled it. But now I am unable to make any video calls on Skype or Google Hangout. My OS is Windows 7 Home Basic 64-bit Service Pack 1. Please help me.

Distinguished Professor
anthony82
Message 2 of 7 (744 Views)

Re: Webcam not working.

Hello hiremath.

I understand that you are not able to use your webcam.

Here is a link to reinstall the cyber link software.

If the web cam is still not working go into device manager and uninstall the webcam.

Restart the computer.

This will uninstall and reinstall the driver for the webcam.

Here is a link that will show you how to get to device manager.

Let me know how everything goes.

Honor Student
Hiremath
Message 3 of 7 (723 Views)

Hello,

Thank you very much for your response.

I downloaded the software from the link you sent and also reinstalled it. But, the webcam still didn't work. So, I went to Device Manager and unistalled the webcam and restarted my laptop as told. But, though it unistalled and reinstalled, the webcam worked only for 5 seconds and got turned off again.  

It seems to be working only for 5-10 seconds and later it closes on its own with a beep sound (similar to the one when we connect or disconnect a USB). It happened both the times when using HP TrueVision HD and Cyberlink Web Camera Filter as an option. Sometimes in the option it also shows SPCA2082 PC Camera. 

This is how it appears, works for a few seconds with fringes on the screen. Please help me fix this problem, I'm unable to make any video calls which are really really important for my work as well as private life.

Webcam error1.jpg:smileysad:

With Regards,

Sachin Hiremath

Regents Professor
UniProg
Message 4 of 7 (712 Views)

Hello Sachin,

What is your product number and operating system?

Signature
↙-----------How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved? ----------------↓
Honor Student
Hiremath
Message 5 of 7 (700 Views)

Hello,

Thank you for a quick response. My product number is B4P24PA#ACJ, Model: Hp Envy 6-1002TX and Operating System is Windows 7 Home Basic OA India.

Please do ask me if you need further information.

With Regards,

Sachin Hiremath

Regents Professor
UniProg
Message 6 of 7 (690 Views)

Hello Sachin,

Thank you for your reply.  Please take a look at this document and let me know if the troubleshooting steps help resolve your issue.

Good luck!

Signature
↙-----------How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved? ----------------↓
Honor Student
Hiremath
Message 7 of 7 (669 Views)

Hello Hp Support Team,

Thank you for your solution. I tried all the steps mentioned in the document. Changed and installed the webcam to USB Video device, restarted my computer, then updated the driver, restarted my system. Downloaded the BIOS updates and updated all the new Microsoft updates and installed them successfully after restarting my system again. The problem seems to persist! :smileysad: The webcam is not capturing my video at all. Everytime I open the latest Cyberlink Youcam, it says a new USB Video device found, can we use it. I click ok! But after that there is no capturing of my video. The problem is same with Skype as well.

But, I do want to bring to your notice that a few days ago I just tried calling my friends on Google Hangout, once it worked fine with my friends complaining about the blue lines on my video for like 10mins but freezed later on. Another time it worked again with blue lines and colourful lines for more than hour and I normally ended the call. But the problem appeared again yesterday with absolutely no display. Hence, I followed the rest of the steps in the document given under the second title, "Video does not appear on your Webcam Software." 

The problem has not yet been solved. Please do help.

With Regards,

Sachin

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation