Question

Honor Student
SurelyShirlock
Message 1 of 7 (10,674 Views)
Accepted Solution

Webcam "Not ON" for Compaq Presario CQ62 215DX.

I got YouCam 4 as the upgrade and it says:

No Webcam detected. Try plugging in a webcam into your computer now. If you are using an intergrated camera, make sure that it is turned on.

My thing is is that I don't know how to turn it on. Also, in Device Manager, there is no Imaging Devices if that helps. I've had this computer for almost a month and had this problem since day one. I called Tech Support and he did not help me at all solving my problem.He said it's a "manufatcuring issue that cannot be fixed." I am willing to fix this so can somebody help me?

* Yes this product has a microphone & and webcamera too.

Grad Student
alt_164
Message 2 of 7 (10,661 Views)

Re: Webcam "Not ON" for Compaq Presario CQ62 215DX.

Not really sure but i think it doesnt have a webcam since there is no imaging device on device manager nor your product details. here. It might be one of those models that has a dummy webcam lens, you might need to get that webcam seperately.

Honor Student
SurelyShirlock
Message 3 of 7 (10,636 Views)

Well, if its a fake or not there at all, why is there a little glass like thing in the middle? It makes it look like a web camera.

http://www.bbspot.com/reviews/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/Compaq-Presario-Laptop-CQ62-215DX.jpg

Grad Student
alt_164
Message 4 of 7 (10,628 Views)

As what the HP tech said its a "manufacturing defect that cant be fixed". I gues what they mean is its built that way. They cant send  you a webcam hardware because it didnt come with the computer in the first place. The glass like thing you see on top is really a hole for the webcam. But you dont have the hardware for it. You have to buy the built in webcam to fit there.

If you wanna make sure its not a hardware issue, consider reformatting windows. It there isnt an imaging device after reformat, theres really no webcam built in.

Honor Student
SurelyShirlock
Message 5 of 7 (10,620 Views)

Thank you. I'll ask my uncle to help me look at that, and I never thought of reformatting everything.

Student
siennaluver1314
Message 6 of 7 (7,592 Views)

See I have the same problem, and I have the exact same comptuer. It sounds to me like a rip off! It makes me so mad!

Student
Esryber
Message 7 of 7 (1,114 Views)

how to turn on my webcame????

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation